Help - iOS 8 has stuffed my iPad...!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercy1

Car
It's a car - just a car!
Upgraded iPad to iOS 8 yesterday and now nothing seems to be working. Anyone else had the same problem?
If you haven't done it yet, suggest you don't, it's a nightmare!

If you upgrade via itunes you don't need to delete anything.

Put itunes onto your pc
Connect iphone via the usb cable
Select your phone from the left hand panel and update software.
I did it today with 800mb space on my iphone.

Ted said:
Put itunes onto your pc Connect iphone via the usb cable Select your phone from the left hand panel and update software. I did it today with 800mb space on my iphone.

I will bring my laptop home from work tomorrow & give it a go thanks for that

Have upgraded our iPad and the boss's iPhone without issue, is the iPad short on storage?

Had all my devices upgraded over the weekend.
So far, only one application seems incompatible, but as I was contemplating in replacing it anyway, no biggy.

Other than that, everything seems fine :)

I've upgraded both iPads (Air & 2) a 4S phone and now using an iPhone 6 running iOS 8 and not had any issues at all (apart from the space thing but then I didn't realise you could use iTunes).

Me and the other devs at work just hit upgrade and it worked flawlessly, over wifi.

I also have been running iOS 8 for over a month now, as I'm a developer so had the beta release before the gold master was released.

If your iPad really seems goosed, you'll have to connect it to iTunes and go into DFU mode.

It is fixable. :)

It's an iPad 2...sorry I've been trying to Google model numbers but even Google is up the spout...

It shouldn't matter anyway.
I have gen 2, gen 3 and Air, all three swallowed the upgrade and booted just fine. I have noticed that the update file was different size for each model, which shows Apple prepared a bespoke package, for each device.

I just hope you have backed up yours before applying an update. There is nothing worse to get stuck half way through, and not having current recovery file.

It downloaded and installed OK - took about an hour - and I still have 5gb available usage. There was no indication there was anything wrong with the installation so I assume that's ok. Can't reinstall it, can I??
Now everything on Safari is dead slow, and apps which stall now include Maps, IPlayer, BT Sport, BBC News, ITV Player (and that's just those I have tested).

It downloaded and installed OK - took about an hour - and I still have 5gb available usage. There was no indication there was anything wrong with the installation so I assume that's ok. Can't reinstall it, can I??
Now everything on Safari is dead slow, and apps which stall now include Maps, IPlayer, BT Sport, BBC News, ITV Player (and that's just those I have tested).

You might need to do a full restore, to get rid of 'ghosts'. Back up the data first though, to make sure it is saved.

I had a similar problem on iPad air, on the previous update. It was showing over 80Gb been used on video, when it wasn't. I did the restore, which cleared all of crap, and it was good as gold since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom