Help! It's alarming me...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S207

Car
W221 - S350 BlueEFFICIENCY
My alarm is going off intermittantly and it is driving me mad!

The latest occurances were at 2350 yesterday and 0550 this morning. Woken on both occassions :mad:. These happened after MB changed the internal sensor on 29 December.

The full history. Car is now 5 months old. The alarm problem started end November/early December. It has tended to occur after being stood locked for a while, but on two occassions it's occured as I was walking from the car, having just locked it. It has occured in a garage and outside on the drive. It does seem to attracted to cold and/or temperature change - it started during the bad weather and seems to have occured most when the temperature is dropping. For example - no problems until last night since 29th, but last night was the first frost for a while and the alarm went off.

When reported to MB as a warranty they said there were no fault codes in STAR. I came home, locked the car and the alarm went off as I opened the front door! They then said the next step was to change the internal sensor, which they did on 29th.

Has anyone any ideas? Is this a common fault? where should I be directing the MB service staff? Any thoughts or ideas welcome - thanks in anticipation.

In star you can read the history of the alarm, i.e. what has caused the activations, so an MB dealer should be able to pinpoint immediately.

Think i'd be tempted to contact a local independent with a Star Diag and get second opinion as fault codes and alarm history should be present, my local inde charges me 35-45 for full diag and print but im near Wigan so think bit far for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom