Help, I've lost my track & album info!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pitts Pilot

Car
SL63 AMG 6.3, VW Tiguan 2.0
I have just done a USB update of the Comand Online 'Mcar' unit that is connected to the SL's Comand system.

I have no idea how I managed it, but I've successfully messed up the Comand system and lost all the track and album information :wallbash:

I have done all the usual things, like switching it off, then back on; selecting 'Audio' and choosing 'CD Mag'. I have even re-flashed the Mcar, but I think I've pressed a button on the Comand system and now my iPod info looks like this:

Comand-close-up.jpg

Any advice would be appreciated.

I should mention that putting a CD in the slot gives all the track and album info.

I'm therefore stumped!

I think you've put the config file on for the Audio-20 and not the COMAND. Audio-20 doesn't support CD Text, so the mCar doesn't send it when its been told its an Audio-20
Thank you

I have just re-flashed it and all is back to normal - Phew!

Actually, what I was attempting to do was to reduce the volume of the telephone "dialling" voice announcement by changing the config file from:
2:3
3:5
4:03

to

2:3
3:5
4:02

I didn't realise that reducing the "03" was wrong. Presumably I reduce the "4" to 3, but for now I have stopping fiddling :eek: and left it with the default configuration.

Thanks again :)

The 4:xx is the type setting for Audio-20 or COMAND, and Europe vs USA. and the special R171 EU SLK Audio-50-APS unit. So, dont change that one.

The other 2 parameters are MIC Gain, and the voice annoucements. I can't quite remember which is which, but I think 3: is the voice, so set it to 3:0 and see what happens

Richard

The other 2 parameters are MIC Gain, and the voice annoucements. I can't quite remember which is which, but I think 3: is the voice, so set it to 3:0 and see what happens
Mark told me the 3:5 was the mike gain, and I have since changed the file to 3:0 which has reduced the gain significantly (and noticeably improved sound quality on calls).

He also said the 2:3 is the type of head unit and so not to touch it! So I don't know what changes voice announcements.

He also said the 2:3 is the type of head unit and so not to touch it! So I don't know what changes voice announcements.

4:03 is the type of head unit (you can see all the config files and compare on the link I sent). if 3 is the mic gain, 2 is the TTS volume (text to speech)

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom