Help Jimmy find a new car!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Jimmy,

Been away for a while and just picked up this thread. My 220 has been chipped and from a comprehensive (some would say anal!) monitoring of costs I've saved nearly £500 this year over the Volvo even with stealer prices for servicing!

Volvo V40 2.0 petrol - av 30mpg

C220 CDi (chipped) - av 39mpg (was 40 before the chip)

Mine is up for sale(as of tonight!), but to be completely honest I need to go for the most I can get (employment situation and all that) - hence would be reluctant to let it go cheaply at this stage.

It's in immaculate condition (with Greg's Sport wheels) 47k, FMBSH, Air con, still under warranty etc etc. The chip could be included (I do aim to get another Merc diesel at some point).

If you're interested drop me a PM and we can talk.

Would you guys still talk to me if I didn't own a Merc for a while.......?;)

R

Originally posted by Richard W

Would you guys still talk to me if I didn't own a Merc for a while.......?;)

R

Im sure i speak for everyone here ..... course , through good times and not so good...:rock: :rock:

I Dont Beleive It!!

I got the car HPI checked first thing, tranferred the funds ready for withdrawl and phoned the bloke selling the C220CDi, offered him what he said yesterday providing is was MOT'd I would pay and collect tomorrow.

Guess what he said.................NO!! He has somebody coming this afternoon, one tomorrow and two on Saturday so he won't sell it until everybody has been to see it. Sounds like a dutch auction to me.:crazy: Even though I offered him what he wanted yesterday and I said not to bother with the service he still said no!!

Originally posted by GDC200
Follow your gut reaction mine says Walk away! Twice I've found myselve in this situation. Once I ended up paying more than it was worth and the other time I walked away and he later came back to me coz he couldnt sell it! There will always be another one!

I am going to leave it in the hope he will ring me back begging me to buy it.:crazy:

I am hoping there will be more, but when you have a certain spec in mind it makes it harder to find and I don't want to compromise this time.

Originally posted by jimmy
I am hoping there will be more, but when you have a certain spec in mind it makes it harder to find and I don't want to compromise this time.
I know exactly what you mean. Why do you think I bought a car the other end of the country from me? :)

Good luck!

I have had some bad experiences this weekend with garages selling cars.:devil:

It seems C200CDi Estates in elegance or sport are quite rare unless you go for a W or X reg in which case you are looking at prices not far off a new or nearly new car and it does not make sense paying that much for a car that has done 50K+ miles.

A dealer did tempt me with a 6 month old C220CDI Avantgarde, lots of extras for £23K offered me £11.5K for mine, I would have to borrow most of the money so I could get a mortgage for the same monthly payment, rent the house out and make money rather than losing it on a car.:p

Seriously, I will keep looking but I have a feeling I will not find what I want.

I have been offered so little for my car I am gutted, I thought Mercs were supposed to hold their values? Mine has lost 30% in less than a year, I know it is a near bottom of the range model but even so it is a big knock.

I even started searching for BMW's and Audi's on the trader.:crazy:

Don't worry too much Jimmy, when I bought mine it took me 3-4 months to find it. Better to go carefully and be sure it's the right one than to get cought up in an auction.

I've had 3 enquiries about mine so far - the first one didn't turn up and the second made a derisory offer over the phone without even bothering to come and see it! Hopefully the third coming wed will be a little more realistic.

Good luck with the search!

R

Update

Yes, I have bought another car:bannana:

It's a C250TD Elegance, Estate and I am very, very pleased with it, much better than I ever imagined or hoped.

It has, leather, climate, cruise, power, alloys, auto, torque, sat nav, grunt.......... oh and it goes very well indeed.

C250TDSide3.jpg

I picked it up Friday from Yorkshire and so far I have done the following:

Changed wheels for my alloys + new tyres.
Avantgarde Grill
Stainless Steel sill plates
Sat nat install
Full service including oil change, oil and fuel filter.
K&N air filter
Activated Carbon cabin filter
A/C sterilisation
Full valet inside and out and underneath!!
Cleaned radiators and intercooler

Things I am thinking about:

Alloy pedals
Front cupholder
Tinted windows or rear blind
Superchip or Ubsolute????

Looks lovely Jimmy, no wonder your pleased.

Looks superb Jimmy!:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

try www.dmsautomotive.co.uk for a chip - not cheap but very good!

I've now sold mine - interesting to note there weren't any W203 cdi estates under £20k on the autotrader website!

I'm looking for an ML around £17500 so if anyone sees one please let me know.

R

Congrats on the new car Jimmy, you have nabbed yourself a top motor there. :D :cool:

You'll be swapping turbo notes with K. next eh? ;)

Good one :bannana:

S.

p.s. I'll miss your old car colour *sniff* :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom