Help keyfob won't unlock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dav007

Car
w203 c class
hi need same help not having a good end off year with my car went out thursday no problems key fob work fine had to go out yesterday and the keyfob will not open the car put new battery i get a red flash when i press the fob have put the fob in front off a camera get a white light when i press the fob

i can open the car and start the car but can not unlock or lock the car the alarm keeps going of and is it right you can not put down the windows if you dont unlock the car with fob

tried to unlock car from inside dont work tried opening the boot from in side dont work

had a look on this forum tried re sync with car by pressing fob and putting fob in and turning to number 2 still no joy

the cars is a c220cdi 2000 reg w202
the fob is a 3 button not flip

-close the driver door
-start the car
-lock the car by using the door locking button on dash… I know you used this button before.
-do the doors lock?

Dec

checked front fuses but i can not get in the boot to check back fuses

i did try the door locking button with the car started but doors dont lock or open

nor do the windows open on all doors

not even the boot button in the car did not open boot

-remove metal blade key from fob
-insert into boot lock to its full distance
-without pushing key inwards, turn key to left as far as it goes
-with key still turned to left, push key inwards, boot should open
If boot does not open then flood the lock with WD40 (through the Red straw) as it may have seized up through lack of use.

Dec

hi dec thanks for the info but the boot lock dont work i have put loads off wd40 i tried this weeks ago when when i took the battery earth of and could not get in the car

any reason a fuse would blow when every thing was working the day before

You really need to get the boot open, to check battery voltage, and also to take off battery leads, to try resetting.

Central locking pump, we have established the key works so cross that off your list, the car starts so cross the battery off to, because you have no central locking at all should be looking towards the pump.

hi if the pump not work dose that stop the alarm from not turning off and the the windows not opening to

any one now how to disconnect the alarm siren

Last edited:
hi if the pump not work dose that stop the alarm from not turning off and the the windows not opening to

any one now how to disconnect the alarm siren

No, the fob, when pressed disarms the alarm.
Vacuum pump and window fuses must be blown.
Is the car starting?

Dec

hi
i had same problem take key out of fob put key in boot lock with a pair of pliers move key to and frow then try and unlock boot with key if you open boot check the light switch is not stuck in mine was on releasing switch the fob workrd on all doors good luck

hi dec yes the car does start

and liapants my key will not go all the way into the boot lock i have put load of wd40 used pliers i for the key was going to end up breaking

Your lock then is very badly seized, you can keep at it with the WD40 and pliers….don’t over do it though.
If you really have to get in to the boot then there is a way in through the First Aid box on the rear parcel shelf… will post a link soon.

Key is the best way in so keep trying with key.

Dec

Edit; See plan B in post # 35 here… http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=73958&page=4

Dec

i dec can not get in the boot from the first aid box as boot is full
the key only goes in half way in boot lock

had a look at my fob today and sore that the unlock and the lock button show red light and show light in a camera but the boot button does not show red light nor light in camera

any one got a wiring diagram of the central locking

hi forget the fob light thing just need to press a bit harder and it works

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom