Help locating Bose Amplifier in ML320

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

silman

Hi

I hope someone a little more technical than me can help.

I have an ML320 and there is no audio just a bit of a high pitched noise.

I have confirmed that the Bose head unit is working in another vehicle so I am looking at the amp or more to the point just trying to find it.

I am assuming from the cables it is somewhere behind the dash but my attempts to remove the dash have not been very successful.

I have removed every screw I can find and whilst the dash has nearly come away it seems stuck solid at the top of the audio surround.

I have an oportunity to buy another amp and want to make sure it is the right part number before buying it.

So my questions are.

1 Am I looking in the right place?
2 If I am will I find the amp on the drivers side, passenger side or somewhere in the middle?
3 Why cant I get the last part of the dash to come off so I can see what I am doing?

As you will gather I am not overly practical but if all I need to do is replace the amp I do not really want to take a trip to main dealer.

I hope someone can help.

Kind regards to you all.
progress.gif

dont quote me but im pretty sure its under the passenger seat... cant confirm right now as im just leaving to catch a flight...

If you have digital bose (i.e bose in a W163 after the MY02 facelift with indicators in the mirrors) then, on RHD cars, its up behind the steering column on the firewall

R

Thanks for the replies

Its a 1999 vehicle.

Still cant get the dash off to get to the firewall.

There must be another screw keeping the dash secure.

Any other suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom