help locking wheelnut key snapped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c180081c

Car
C250 AMG Sport Coupe
I have a 2005 w203 had the wheels off and the key snapped whilst replacing them!!. What can I do? I need to do the brakes shortly so need them off again

A local garage or tyre shop will probably have a tool to remove the locking wheel nut, if the key is an original MB versionthen a dealer will be able to supply a replacement.

breakers good mechanics or recovery service will or might have one, it should have code which probably cost good from halford to order but check ebay just in case with your no.

if original mercedes they maybe able to help

Depending on type two options

If the are not the swivel head type find a socket that is slightly smaller and bash it on with the hammer and then undo with socket bar

Get the proper removal tool from a motor factors my last one cost £20 works in a similar principle but caters for all bolt and nut types

I took 4 locking bolts off an Astra the other week in less than 2 minutes which begs the question is it really worth fitting locking wheel nuts when a thief armed with £20 of kit can have them off in minutes

Dealers carry a master set. Pop down and they can work out which one you need and order it...

thanks for the reply guys. Had a local tyre place try the removal tool but it just wouldn't get a hold. Going to pop to Mercedes and see what the score is with a new key. What a nightmare!!

Also if anybody has a 302 c01650 locking nut key spare let me know and I'll purchase it from you. Cheers

Found the guys at Blackburn really helpful when I have used them.

Ask them to remove them with their master set and replace them with normal bolts... Locking keys are a waste of time unless you really have some valuable wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom