Help: Luxury Vinyl Tiles

• Thread starter Deleted member 65149
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We’ve had karndean in our hallway and kitchen (and latterly the living room) for over 5 years (with a dog if that makes some difference) and there is no visible signs of wear at all, it still looks as good as the day it was laid. If I could afford I’d have it everywhere [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vinyl click tiles look good, have a google

Karndean. All others are imitation. Brilliant stuff in a multitude of designs.

I think you will find that Karndean is a cheaper version of Amtico.

Really? I think you will find the top of the range Karndean more expensive at £67+ per sq metre.

I think you will find that Karndean is a cheaper version of Amtico.

Really? I think you will find the top of the range Karndean more expensive at £67+ per sq metre.

Whatever!

I had Amtico in a previous bathroom - cost a fortune, and in the end I thought it was a complete waste of money (in a bathroom).

Thing is, it's so good it will outlast you, your children, your grandchildren and their grandchildren too. Totally indestructible!

Present bathroom has sheet Marmoleum - a fancy name for lino. A natural product often used in hospitals for its antiseptic qualities, warm, easy to maintain and available in more colours than you'll ever need.

It does require to be professionally laid on a ply subfloor. Half the price of Amtico.

Cat skin makes terrible flooring :)

I’m building a summerhouse and was looking at LVT for the flooring, I shall be following this thread to get ideas :)

Previous owner of our house (single spinster lady) cleverly had 22mm solid oak flooring installed through the entire ground floor - including kitchen, downstairs loo and utility room. Major PITA!! Any spills from sink, dish washer, washing machine and the place turns into an ice rink. Also wife curses the work required to keep it looking reasonably clean. We'd love to remove it, but having just spent a healthy 4 figures doing the 2 bathrooms (including a 28 jet spa bath for herself) it's not an option.

Our experience so far with the click LVT and underlay with DPM is that it's warm and comfortable underfoot, easy to clean and should be water tight. Material cost was less than 1/2 the £67/m2 mentioned above!

Previous owner of our house (single spinster lady) cleverly had 22mm solid oak flooring installed through the entire ground floor - including kitchen, downstairs loo and utility room. Major PITA!! Any spills from sink, dish washer, washing machine and the place turns into an ice rink. Also wife curses the work required to keep it looking reasonably clean. We'd love to remove it, but having just spent a healthy 4 figures doing the 2 bathrooms (including a 28 jet spa bath for herself) it's not an option.

Our experience so far with the click LVT and underlay with DPM is that it's warm and comfortable underfoot, easy to clean and should be water tight. Material cost was less than 1/2 the £67/m2 mentioned above!

I've seen tiles in bathrooms and kitchens, wouldn't they be the same?

We had ceramic tiles in the kitchen and utility of our last house, yes slippy when wet, unforgiving when you dropped something, hard and cold underfoot but easy to keep clean. Would not use them again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom