Help! MB classic needed for wedding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brycecunni

Car
W176 Mercedes-Benz A180 Sport
Hi,
Myself and my fiance are being married at the end of April in the southwest of Scotland (Ayrshire). Being a massive fan of mb I have many attributes of the brand throughout the day (wedding cake, table names, etc) and until an hour ago i had a beautiful r107 to use for the day to travel from the church to reception, unfortunately the gentleman who owns the car has sold it and now i unfortunately have no classic Mercedes for the day.
Im really hoping someone could help as this is really going to ruin my day. Does anyone at all have a classic Benz we could use? It is for the 26th April.

Any help would really be appreciated

May I politely suggest than you focus on the person you are marrying rather than what car you're travelling in.

If it really will ruin your day by not driving a 107 then maybe you should seek help.

V12 said:
May I politely suggest than you focus on the person you are marrying rather than what car you're travelling in. If it really will ruin your day by not driving a 107 then maybe you should seek help.

Harsh. Maybe they both like the cars.

There's quite a few Ayrshire members on here so sure someone will be along, if not nip down and see the boys at Glen henderson in Ayr between them they have a fine collection of MB cars dating back to the 70's I'm sure one of them would do you a favour for some beer money :dk:

V12 said:
May I politely suggest than you focus on the person you are marrying rather than what car you're travelling in. If it really will ruin your day by not driving a 107 then maybe you should seek help.

Some things are best thought and not communicated. There is no need for a post like this.

To the OP - best of luck with your search. I hope your special day goes well.

For clarification, are you expecting to be driven in the vehicle by its owner, or be lent the vehicle to drive yourself?

IME, there's a considerable difference in circumstances between the two.

Last edited:
Thanks for everyone's reply.
Apologies if I came across as too involved with the brand rather than my fiance, we are both big fans of the brand and due to my panicking last night I believe I may have came across a bit strange.
I would use my own car (176 A180 Sport in black) but we also have a vintage/classic type theme to the wedding and the new A-Class would perhaps look a touch modern.
The gentleman who owned the 107 would allow me to drive the car but only because we are friends, I obviously would never expect someone to allow a complete stranger to drive their pride and joy.
Unfortunately Glen Henderson closed a few years ago, I actually worked there a year before closing, a lot of current MB dealers would learn a huge amount from the way GH ran his business

Hi,Quick roundup of the day:
I had three very generous friends on the day. My wife and I travelled from the church in an sl350 (r230)(roof down due to the amazing day), bridesmaids in a GL350 cdi and the mothers in a w211 E220.
We both had an amazing day

Please to hear it all worked out in the end :thumb:

I was hoping to see a nice pic of the cars !

I will get some 'car' pics up as soon as my new wife and i get back .
Were in the Maldives for our honeymoon, on an island with no roads and 300 staff who most of have never been in a car. Everyone i ask have still heard of a Mercedes-Benz.
Absolutely awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom