Help Me Choose Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iberfoptic

Car
c220
Hi I'm ready to pull the trigger on a 2014 e class saloon e350 the problem is i have narrowed it dow to 3 colours can you tell what you would go for the colours are palladium silver tenorite grey or black i currently own a c class in palladium silver however was just looking your opinion on what looks best on the new e class thank you

Of those three I'd choose black. Personally, I really like the look of Hyacinth Red for the current E-Class.

Colour is a very personal opinion, mind.

Good luck with your purchase and welcome to the forum.

I don't like owning black cars. Always look dirty.

Palladium is great if you are going for a dark interior. I really like tenorite with a lighter interior. Just my preference anyway.

As V12, I prefer to match the outside with the interior colour trim

Black appears to be the worst colour to keep looking really good, based on many posts on here and elsewhere.

My previous MB was silver, never looked dirty but then never looked really clean and shiny even after machine polishing.

So, of the 3, I'd go for Tenorite Grey.

Thanks for the quick replies ! I think all the chrome puts me off the darker colours can the chrome be taken off around the rear skirt of the e class also I going got black interior if that helps thanks again for your time

I like them all, and red. I guess that's not a great deal of help :fail:D

I have tenorite grey on my new SLK and it looks great! Very nice colour and shows the chrome and black trim really well. Would be my choice for an E too.

bpsorrel-albums-slk-250cdi-amg-sport-picture7357-dsc-0177.jpg

Having just been through the same process we ended up going with Polar white.

This will be an estate with pano roof rather than a saloon.

We would have liked Hyacinth red, but the reality is it looks nothing like the MB press photography which make's it look deep and rich in colour. It's not, it's just not nice, and we like a red car!

The designo colours we'd like (Mystic Blue or Mauritius Blue) are £5,000 options which we can't afford, or justify even if we could afford them.

Last week we went to MB Gatwick where they have a C Class estate in Polar White right next to an SL in Diamond White Metallic. The Polar white was much brighter and made the Diamond white look creamy in comparison.

My father in law has an E220 in Tenorite, he regrets his choice as it shows as much muck as a black car, in hindsight he would have gone with Palladium.

We don't want black, grey or silver.

Caravan site blue is so dark it's almost black.
Covelline blue is Meh.....no offence to anyone that has one - all very personal I know.

The only other colour that really stood out for us, and you have to go and see this in the flesh was Diamond Silver metallic. It has a nice hint of light blue to it and a sparkle.

Mrs Red has her heart set on polar white with a second choice of Diamond Silver metallic.

For what it's worth!

Last edited:
Black or tenorite, Imo silver is just so boring... not wishing to offend any silver car owners.

I've just gone through this today, and after a week of looking at a number of colours, I've gone for Palladium silver.

I looked at Diamond white, Polar white, Tenorite grey and Obsidian black. I felt Palladium suited the car best. I have gone for the E400 AMG Cab, so the inside is black with red stitching, so the colour really sets off the inside.

I have until tomorrow to confirm the hood colour, as my current choice is red, and I'm not sure I'm brave enough to have a red roof.

Colour is down to taste, but either way, nice choice of car :thumb:

Red roof looks really nice on a Palladium or Tenorite car.

I can find a picture of a Tenorite car with the red roof, but not a Palladium one :(

I wouldn't go pulling the trigger on any new car. All those pellet marks would make it look crap, whatever colour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom