Help me decide! Used C Class or CLS?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
CLS all day long. I put off getting one because I was concerned about the smallish side windows after my w211. But the honest truth is that after ten minutes you forget all about it. I agree with the interior colour argument , although its a very personal theng. I searched for a light interior with sunroof and am very happy with it...not gloomy at all.

Thanks all

I bought the 2016 CLS. It is the 220 (I could stretch to the 250 - The insurance alone was a £480 increase!)

It really doesn't feel small or cramped. I've got a mid grey interior, and it does feel quite light and roomy.
The only slight negative is that I couldn't find one with the reversing camera. I've got used to relying on it in the C Class, but it's not a deal breaker. I may look at an after market one if I still miss it after a few weeks.
It's also a bit strange that there are only 'Economy' and 'Sport' modes. I usually use the default 'Comfort' mode in the C Class, so I'm hoping that the Economy mode is at least comparable.

Thanks again - I should be collecting it tomorrow :)

Thanks all

I bought the 2016 CLS. It is the 220 (I could stretch to the 250 - The insurance alone was a £480 increase!)

It really doesn't feel small or cramped. I've got a mid grey interior, and it does feel quite light and roomy.
The only slight negative is that I couldn't find one with the reversing camera. I've got used to relying on it in the C Class, but it's not a deal breaker. I may look at an after market one if I still miss it after a few weeks.
It's also a bit strange that there are only 'Economy' and 'Sport' modes. I usually use the default 'Comfort' mode in the C Class, so I'm hoping that the Economy mode is at least comparable.

Well done. Re your reversing camera, Get one of these.....

CHORTAU 【2019 New Version】 Mirror Dash Cam 7 Inches Touch Screen Full HD 1080P, Wide Angle Front Camera and Waterproof Rear Camera, Car camera with Emergency Recording, Reverse Monitor System https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GZM3NMM/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

Sent from my awesome Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Sorry guys the Cls is one UGLY car!! Could of bought one of these , but the rear is so bad just my opinion

Thanks all

Don’t forget to post some picture of your new car :)

Thanks all

Well done, good choice. Pics please!

The Economy is the exact equivalent of the old Comfort, just tweaked to appeal to today's Eco-conscious customer. Personally, I always switch to the Sport mode, much more responsive but the car always defaults to Economy next time you get in.

I would never get rid of the chrome strip around the window line, thats what gives the car its sleek look.

Each to their own I guess.

I would never get rid of the chrome strip around the window line, thats what gives the car its sleek look.

Each to their own I guess.
See I disagree the chrome visually lifts the car, dechroming drops it. Did this to the wife A6 sline a few years back, made a big visual difference. Easily wrapped and removed.

Sent from my awesome Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Moving from a 3.0 Jaguar XF to our 220 CLS Shooting Brake, I’m more than happy with its performance, even when towing where the difference is barely noticeable.
I’m a six footer and can easily sit in the back if required.
Point taken about the gloomy black interior which is why we knocked one back in favour of the Porcelain interior with sunroof.

Sorry guys the Cls is one UGLY car!! Could of bought one of these , but the rear is so bad just my opinion

You are in a minority with your opinion on the CLS.

I would agree the earlier 219 was a prettier looking design, but no way can the later 218 be called ugly.

Sorry thought I did! But if you say I am in the minority then I must be wrong! All about opinions mate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom