Help me decide!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palmer

Car
OM606 W124 Saloon.
Ive just put my Dodge Ram up for sale and once sold will be looking for something a little more 'sporty.' Purely a weekend car, so MPG etc - i dont care - the ram does 15mpg anyway!

Im leaning towards Mercedes. Had a few in the past. Tried Audi, didnt have that prestige feel to me, and it was an A8!

Im thinking of either:

S55K or 03 onwards AMG version (500hp)
CL55K or 03 onwards AMG version (500hp)
S600 bi turbo
CL600 bi turbo
CL600 N/A

Its either a W220 or W215 - wouldnt mind either.

As you can tell i want something with a bit of punch. Im leaning towards the V8 for simplicity and the rumble. However, there are many CL600 non turbo for sale at the moment and they are really tickling my pickle. Come with the AMG kit and look just stunning - i know i will be kicking myself if i didnt get the bi turbo though. Surely a V12 with 300hp cant be that bad though? Slower to 60 than my old diesel Audi though....

Ive also got this gut feeling as well that if i buy a V12 its gonna break...

I have looked at a few other marques:

E39 M5. Bit bland and the V8 is pretty much at max power from the factory, any power gains will be from a blower or turbo. Pricey. And they sound raspy for a V8. Come in manual though!

RS6 biturbo V8. Meh. Quick and tunable. But its not a merc is it? Quattro also eats tyres in a 2 tonne car. My A8 did like butter!

Any input or experiences guys??

Chris

No brainer for me; CL55K.

I owned a N/A CL55 and it was a peach of a car, the ABC suspension is peerless and I aim to own another CL at some point in the future (possibly a W216 though).

I wouldn't be looking at none of those I would stretch my budget and buy a w221 S63 ! Much better car all round or even a s500 with amg body kit

Last edited:
No brainer for me; CL55K.

I owned a N/A CL55 and it was a peach of a car, the ABC suspension is peerless and I aim to own another CL at some point in the future (possibly a W216 though).

Must admit i like the look of CL's

I wouldn't be looking at none of those I would stretch my budget and buy a w221 S63 ! Much better car all round or even a s500 with amg body kit

Love the front of the W221, not a fan of the rear though.... which is a shame because the inside looks awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom