Help me decide.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rosso1

Car
SL500
Well I am a couple of months into my SL500 It is a beautiful 2002 model with out standing paint work.
As soon as i got this car it was the right car to buy but really needed the wheel to be stripped and repaired and repainted this has been done and they look lovely but to be honest they take a age to clean (amg wheels) )with all the blades on each wheel.

Having since fully detailed the car and just being OTT I have decided to get the front end resprayed as i have a few stone chips on the bonnet and bumper / valance as i am sure we all do.

The other thing i have decided to do is have the rear bumper removed and look to see if there is any rust along the rear quarter where the wing meets the bumper.
This is because when i was out looking for this car i looked at a fair number and i was surprised as to the number that had rust along this edge.

So i have decided this will also be done as a precaution.

I have gone to a body shop that has be recommended to me to have the work done but I am still worried that i want the car to be spot on and i hope they are up to the job.
Do you get worried when you have a job done that the trades man / woman is going to live up to what you want?

I normally like to leave my cars as standard but i not a lover of the blades on the front wings and the bonnet I really don't like these in the colour they are.
I am thinking of having these wrapped so should i need the car to go back to standard then the wrap can be removed.

So the question is should i just go with a Chrome wrap or a Darker Grey than they are currently or do you have any other choices?

Car will go in within a couple of weeks to be painted.

Nothing wrong with the wheels as they are , and it's got the best front end for an SL.

The wheels have been done already its the Vents blades on the front wings and bonnet that i thinking of changing colour just don't know what colour would suit.
I could go for :
Darker Grey
Piano Black
Chrome
Or a suggesting from you guys.

Most of the "hotter" MB sports SLR etc seem to retain the same vent blade colour as the rest of the body if that's anything to go by. They do however often go for a darker wheel centre colour?? :dk:
mercedes_benz_SLR_SLS%20(31).JPG

I'd probably go with the darker grey; make it looks like the "blades" are put of the duct rather than part of the bonnet (or fender). - I think chrome makes them looks like handles for someone to pull on.

Can you play with the pictures in photoshop (or similar) and see how it looks to you?

So i have two choices remaining as chrome seems to be a no no.

The current blades are darker although this is not easy to see from the picture.
If you look at the front grill this is the colour of the blades.

So should i take the blades darker (Grey) along with the front grill.

How about piano black would this work?

Please understand that this will be wrapped so if the car ever needs to be returned to the delivery spec it should be a easy process.

Another question and i pushing my luck the Mercedes badge on the boot lid is this stuck on or does this fit inside a drilled slot? I am asking as again these could be do in black wrap too.

I'd probably go with the darker grey; make it looks like the "blades" are put of the duct rather than part of the bonnet (or fender). - I think chrome makes them looks like handles for someone to pull on.

Can you play with the pictures in photoshop (or similar) and see how it looks to you?

I am hopeless with photo shop:crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom