Help me style my A Class W168

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deanogtv

Car
A160 W168
I’ve manage to pick up a tidy early W168 but its red, not my fav colour but the car has decent history and is in decnt condition. It looks very standard and basic right now and I just wanted it to stand out from the crowd a little more.
I’m hoping someone can help me with easy/ common mods i.e AMG alloys, AMG skirts, black roof, window tints to bring this standard A Class into the 20th Centruy and look a little more up to date.

Please feel free to photoshop anything also

Attachments

• aclass14.jpg
    aclass14.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 5
Easy to do , bumpers on these are held on with 4 bolts and 2 screws , skirts are even easier.

I bought a Brabus one with a dead engine and stripped it basically , Brabus bumpers , wheels , skirts etc. Then a member on here came up with a genuine Brabus exhaust for it , so that went on.

You need to spend time on ebay basically , the bits are fairly cheap when they come up , but because the A class AMG was comparatively rare , finding the bits is the hard part.

Watch out for cracked wheels if you are going the AMG route , the 17's take 40 profile tyres and are pretty unforgiving in potholes. Also be aware that the a class has a very specific offset so AMG wheels from other cars won't fit.

I love our little a class , but also be aware that stuff does go wrong with them , the best place for info to fix these problems when they come up is :

Albert Rowe, Lofty's homepage

This is our one , and the work I did on it.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/members-gallery/92779-purple-class.html

Good luck

Cracking A Class there Howard, funny you posted a reply as I was eyeing your original post just yesterday.

I plan to watch ebay very closely, and picking up original Bradus or AMG parts as they come up. I see the AMG wheel are pricey even for babe examples. Do you know if any other alloys from that Merc era fit??

Question, do members tell their insurers of the mods done to their car, particularly if you have made it more desirable to the tea-leaf fraternity?

IMHO not doing so leaves a huge get out for insurers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom