Help me with my W202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My W202 has two has two LEDs (red/green) on the driver door handle and the RVM; these are the codes I've seen so far:

- Red flashing every 3/5 seconds: Alarm and immobilizer are primed, do NOT open doors or move inside car (subject to sensitivity adjusters)
- Green flashing: Car unlocked, immobilizer/alarm off. Go ahead and open/start
- Red and Green leds flash fast: Proverbial "go to h*ll, I'm not letting you in". This usually occurs when you try unlocking the car with the fob and the batteries (or either the fob or the car) are low (and usually when it's cold and rainy)
- Red then green alternated: car has unlocked, but for some charming reason the alarm hasn't been disarmed. Lock and unlock using the fob...and hope for the best!

Finally, the easiest way to check if you alarm is active... just unlock the passenger door with the key, and pull the door handle... A siren will ring ;) If the siren doesn't ring, but you can't start your car; then it's quite possible someone unplugged the siren (but not the immobiliser). Also, W202's alarm systems are VERY sensitive; so it isn't uncommon for people to get them disactivated after they've had a problem with them (usually arising from low battery)

M.

Last edited:
But how do you know that the car is alarmed but the interior sensors are disarmed??

But how do you know that the car is alarmed but the interior sensors are disarmed??

I don't think you can disarm the interior sensors... that button disarms the motion sensors I believe, NOT the interior sensors.... and it should glow orange (the button... when it's disarmed)...

It is meant to disable the motion sensor if you press the top and the interior sensors when you press down, but I get no warning to say it has done it.

Maybe it is just the LED that has gone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom