Help! Mercedes c320cdi power loss no kickdown?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lritchir

Car
Mercedes C 320CDI W204
Hi guys,

Was just wondering if any of you could help me out?

I was driving down the motorway yesterday when I loss power it was as if the throttle wasn't working. The car would change gear but the kickdown wasn't working either. The car would build up speed but this was slow.

The car has 72k miles on the clock I went to the car that night and all was working again. Then took the car for a run today and all was fine.

Not sure what to do next there was no change in engine sound it was as it there was no turbo?

The has been recently remapped by superchips and I did notice after the remap that the car was a bit Smokey sometimes when accelerating and then it would be fine afterwards? This only happens if the car hasn't been driven hard for a few days?

Thanks

Hi,
feel sad for you because nobody likes to have his Merc going down...
please read this: http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/engine/144927-lack-power-cdi-what-do.html

there may be lots of provable causes but first you need to identify the source of the fault...
nothing better than getting your car plugged in a Star Diagnostic and find out the source of the limp mode...

I had a very similar problem this morning on my way to work, just joining the motorway and it was as if the throttle just stopped responding, slightly perturbing with a lorry bearing down behind me! There was no kickdown and the revs wouldn't go above about 2k rpm and there was no turbo. I could change gear manually though.

It seemed fine on the drive home though.

I've searched the forums and google and there's a few suggestions, a lot of people recommending cleaning or replacing the MAF sensor, so, can anyone tell me where to find the MAF sensor on my car (2008 W204 C320 CDI)? Guessing it's somewhere near the air intake/air filter but a photo would be great if someone can oblige.

Much appreciated :)

Don't waste your money. Get your codes read.

It might also be the port inlet shut-off motor. Expensive little bugger to get to - but really getting it on STAR is the first step.

Don't waste your money. Get your codes read.

It might also be the port inlet shut-off motor. Expensive little bugger to get to - but really getting it on STAR is the first step.

It won't cost me anything to have a quick look and see if anything is broken, fallen off, needs a clean etc. etc. Just want to rule out anything obvious as a first step before paying out for STAR, just need someone to tell me where the thing is first please.

If it's nothing obvious and the fault comes back (it was fine on the commute this morning) then I will get it on STAR.

Cheers

MAF really easy to find. Lift off engine cover sensor on top of r/h air intake. £30.00 from merc. 5 minute job. If you read my recent post. Don't get MAF and MAP mixed up when you buy your sensor! Sorry just re-read your post. Mines a W203 so it may be different. But easy to check. I googled location for mine!

Last edited:
MAF really easy to find. Lift off engine cover sensor on top of r/h air intake. £30.00 from merc. 5 minute job. If you read my recent post. Don't get MAF and MAP mixed up when you buy your sensor! Sorry just re-read your post. Mines a W203 so it may be different. But easy to check. I googled location for mine!
Ignore my previous thread. I am passing on info from what appears to be an un reliable source. Merc main agent. Sorry if I have caused any confusion. The sensor I have had changed is different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom