HELP! my car has turned into a sauna??????????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roocarl

Car
300SL W107
For some reason beyond me my 300SL on a 80 mile journey started getting hotter inside temp turned down blowers off and hot air streaming through vents whatever i tried windows open and still roasting engine temp and oil pressure fine but heater seems jammed open ? slider controls moving as normal stil feel like there pulling or pushing something ,
any suggestions greatfully welcomed please , please, please
Carl

Attachments

• greeee.JPG
    greeee.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 135
hmm just read another forum that the 107 does not have a duo valve just an on off valve and flaps not sure where that valve is located and what it looks like though
carl

There was a thread about the problem with the 107s heater controls a few months ago.

I too have the same problem that once the heater is tuned on with the slide, its impossible to turn off.

Sorry not sure how to fix the problem.

I think Jay has the same problem with his 107.

Thanks for that , I did find another forum suggesting from a couple of people that there if the strip the panels under dash there is a gold retaining screw on the heat distribution flap that works its way loose and just lets hot air through constantly I will try that this week
Carl

Thanks for help guys I started a seperate thread in engine section and had some good suggestions, tried those unfortunately no joy yet but any offers of help gratefully recieved before my car cooks me to death lol
cheers Carl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom