Help-My money is lost in cyber-space.Any bankers on here ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Always rated John Lewis but this is above and beyond the call of duty..:thumb::thumb:

Always rated John Lewis but this is above and beyond the call of duty..:thumb::thumb:

Actually I agree with you.

I feel a little foolish now.I do a lot of shopping with them,always pleased with the service.I wasnt unhappy with John Lewis, what irked me was more to do with automated systems,which often seem to go wrong these days.

Its like at supermarkets. They often have things on special offer,but when I go to pay for them they always charge me full price,not the offer price.

I`m starting to sound like a grumpy old man,a Victor Meldrew.........

In my experience the John Lewis Partnership are one of the few big retailers who really do understand what customer service means and I've never had anything other than a first class response to any issue I've ever raised with them over the years.

It's no coincidence that as a direct consequence of their attitude towards their customers I automatically think of them as the first choice supplier for so many things that I buy. That they made the effort to contact the OP through the admin team of the MBClub is another impressive example of their service ethic. Well done JLP :thumb:

well done mbclub connected in higher places, log yr complaints here maybe it is better than watchdog!!

Actually I have a Visa debit card, which they say gives the same protection as a cedit card.

Great outcome, as others have said.

Not sure it's true to say that a Visa debit card gives eqivalent protection to a credit card, though. I think the one shared element is that you can request a chargeback on a Visa debit card.

This BBC news story summarises how Visa debit card protection differs from that offered by credit cards and other debit cards.

I do not see that at all - why is it above and beyond the call of duty when it was their fault - your standards are too low !

Actually I agree with you.

I feel a little foolish now.I do a lot of shopping with them,always pleased with the service.I wasnt unhappy with John Lewis, what irked me was more to do with automated systems,which often seem to go wrong these days.

Its like at supermarkets. They often have things on special offer,but when I go to pay for them they always charge me full price,not the offer price.

I`m starting to sound like a grumpy old man,a Victor Meldrew.........

I had this exact mistake with Waitrose (another John Lewis company) the other day.

Big baquette reduced from £1.99 at end of day to 59 pence - so bought it.

Got home checking till receipt, and charged the full price.

There were two discounted labels stuck on the bag, so the discount could not be missed.

It was not a problem getting a refund a few days later when I took my receipt and the bag back.

These things are normally always a staff problem being forgetfull or not keying correct digits into a computer.

I do not see that at all - why is it above and beyond the call of duty when it was their fault - your standards are too low !

My standards or expectations ?

....These things are normally always a staff problem being forgetfull or not keying correct digits into a computer.

I will always give anyone the benefit of doubt, even John Lewis...

If what you are saying is correct, then statistically mistakes should be divided randomly into two categories - those where you loose money, and those where you save money.

OK, has anyone here had a mistake made by John Lewis where they paid less than what they should have paid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom