Help my SL key fob won't work and now the cars gone mad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ADANTIQUES

Car
SL350
Help my SL key fob won't work and now the cars gone mad,
I'd appreciate a bit of help if poss before having to go to the bandits at Mercedes .Basicly I've got an 06 merc sl 350 which up until now has been pretty reliable other than the standard boot leak which got sorted when I first got it.
My wife tried to use the car today but it wouldn't unlock.I automatically assumed new fob batteries required so I replaced them and tried my self.Nothing happened!I then opened the door with the blade and the alarm went off.I started the car and pushed the fob buttons but nothing happened.I then turned the key off in the ignition and took it out but the engine carried on running with the alarm going mad.I then gave up and called the AA.When he turned up he was convinced it was the ignition part that the key goes into as the key wont now turn in the ignition although it will if you disconnect the batteries then connect them again.
Anyway the AA man left me with a car that's had to have the battery disconnected and the drivers windows are now halfway down and won't move.
There you have it,any help would be gladly appreciated as my cars now banged up in my garage lifeless and in return ill value your antiques for free.

The spare key was taken in a burglary about 2yrs ago and never got replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom