help needed E220CDI fault P2373

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

absxxxx

Car
mercedes
2006 220 CDI E 211 OM 646.821
i,m trying to help a friend out with his mercedes engine starts and there is so much white smoke that you cannot even see the car.

The fault code displayed on my texa daignostic machine is P2373 600 bar field injection compensation reached.

the story behind the car is that it was taken to a garage for a ball joint replacement and was low on diesel and runout while in the garage, they stuck 10ltrs of diesel in the car and then it will not start they took all 4 injectors out and sent them away for testing all 4 came back as blocked so had 4 new injectors fitted including a fuel filter. once fitted and reprogrammed the engine starts but smokes very heavy (unburnt diesel)

i have now taken over the car as the garage has washed its hand with it(long story)

cannot find any information on this fault code. i have been told that the injectors were bought from the main dealers is there more than one part number for these ? thinking maybe the wrong injectors were fitted.

hope someone with some can help :eek:

The injectors have been coded and i have checked the serial numbers on the injectors compared to the diagnostic machine and its a match for all 4

2006 220 CDI E 211 OM 646.821
i,m trying to help a friend out with his mercedes engine starts and there is so much white smoke that you cannot even see the car.

The fault code displayed on my texa daignostic machine is P2373 600 bar field injection compensation reached.

the story behind the car is that it was taken to a garage for a ball joint replacement and was low on diesel and runout while in the garage, they stuck 10ltrs of diesel in the car and then it will not start they took all 4 injectors out and sent them away for testing all 4 came back as blocked so had 4 new injectors fitted including a fuel filter. once fitted and reprogrammed the engine starts but smokes very heavy (unburnt diesel)

i have now taken over the car as the garage has washed its hand with it(long story)

cannot find any information on this fault code. i have been told that the injectors were bought from the main dealers is there more than one part number for these ? thinking maybe the wrong injectors were fitted.

hope someone with some can help :eek:
Hi @absxxxx
Were you able to fix it? I have the same car, and same error code :(

Don't know if this might help:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Adjustment of injector quantities Range 600 bar sounds like the limit for zero fuel correction at the mid pressure has been exceeded. This is the slow adaption that learns during overrun to compensate for drift.

I saw you had screens from Xentry in your other thread but didn't show these adjustment quantities. I expect there will be three adaption values (low, mid and high pressure) for each injector.

Given that you've been messing around with that injector I'd reset the adaption values and monitor it.

Adjustment of injector quantities Range 600 bar sounds like the limit for zero fuel correction at the mid pressure has been exceeded. This is the slow adaption that learns during overrun to compensate for drift.

I saw you had screens from Xentry in your other thread but didn't show these adjustment quantities. I expect there will be three adaption values (low, mid and high pressure) for each injector.

Given that you've been messing around with that injector I'd reset the adaption values and monitor it.
Thanks @Supernoodle Would that help if I reset adaption values on all injectors? What does adaption do?

If you reset the adaption and that adaption value at 600 bar returns to the limit value again there is a real problem with the injector. If it doesn't your running with badly seated injector was the cause.

The adaption relies works by injecting small amounts of fuel during an overrun until a disturbance is seen in the crank speed. In reality anything that affects the effectiveness of a cylinder can upset that adaption.

You should be able to the adaption for a single cylinder by pretending you've replaced the injector

If you reset the adaption and that adaption value at 600 bar returns to the limit value again there is a real problem with the injector. If it doesn't your running with badly seated injector was the cause.

The adaption relies works by injecting small amounts of fuel during an overrun until a disturbance is seen in the crank speed. In reality anything that affects the effectiveness of a cylinder can upset that adaption.

You should be able to the adaption for a single cylinder by pretending you've replaced the injector
Thanks for the details. I’ll reset it and let you know.

Sorry for my late response, if still someone interests :)
Resetting adaptation values didn't work. Rough idling issue was persisted.
In the end, before I paid the annual tax, I sold/scrapped :) my car.
I bought W212 2015 E220cdi 177bhp
I hope I won't have any issue with it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom