Help needed for my W140 loosing power

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c11vad

Car
S220 S320L
evening Guys!

i need help with my W140, she's a 1995 s320, the problem i'm having is that every now and then the power 'slumps' not while accelerating, its when i go to put power down and the car just stays as it was, its not until i do kickdown that she responds, (unwillingly!) its like its not firing on all cylinders? i'm not mechanical at all so help would be great!

also, i think this point is normal but just checking, on a morning, ie cold, the gear box will rev longer before changing up from 2nd (i think) previous cars have done this but just want to check its normal!

any help would be great on this!

Your second point is normal. Sorry haven't got a clue about the first, maybe the revs are too low at the time you want to excelerate. Try doing the same with the revs around 3-4 grand and see if it's the same?

Ciao........
;)

Has the car been serviced recently ?

Could be any number of things , only a proper diagnosis will tell .

Pontoneer said:
Has the car been serviced recently ?

Could be any number of things , only a proper diagnosis will tell .

yes, serviced in july, was going to take her in for a "winter check over" anyway, ill have to get it looked at i think!

thanks!!

1995 is prior to the dreaded 1996 improvement of the loom - i just hope for your sake it isnt that.

google:- w140 loom .......

Possibility you have a problem with your electronic throttle.:( Either at the pedal or actuator end. This would lead to the symptoms you describe. You are sending a signal to the actuator which is not getting thro. There is an article here describing rewiring a w140 throttle actuator (on a V12) http://v12uberalles.com/throttle_actuator_rewire.htm I hope you dont need this! :eek: However there is a little section at the end about how to RESET THE UNIT ELECTRONICALLY and redefining the full throttle and idle points. :) :) Might be worth trying that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom