Help needed for restoring A124 Cabriolet audio system

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kookoo

Car
A124 e220 Cabriolet
I'm in Thailand with A124 e220 cabriolet 1993 (UK Specification). The car has come with no owner manual. Hence, I am trying to get information from the forum.
1) The car has been modified with a fancy audio system. I am now trying to convert it back to original MB sound system. I would like to know which stereo is used in this model in the UK. I guess it is Becker, but which model?
2) Does the car originally come with speakers in the back seat? If so, what is the size and brand of original speaker in the rear seat? If anyone has a diagram showing speaker, I would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for all the help.

Chances are it was a Becker 1492. 1492_1994_05

and

K6JRF Auto Page

I don't think there's room in the rear of the car for speakers due to the retracting side windows, roll bar and hood compartment. Really only leaves the original front dash speakers. You might be able to fit some slim door speakers with lots of surgery or a couple of lower frequency under seat units might be a possibility?

I do agree with you that the space is too tight for the rear speaker. That's why I think e220 Cab should only come with front speaker only. Could anyone with w124 cabriolet confirm this issue?

I thought all Cabbies had rear speakers. Front speakers from factory don't last well and can be replaced with a drop in unit from Rainbow - search the forum, they work well. I would imagine they would do ones for the rear too.
In the US they had speakers in the doors using different door mouldings so a speaker could be incorporated into the door. Check the US sites....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom