Help needed , I don't know which Nav SD card to buy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nushie

Car
Mercedes A180d AMG
Hi , I am a new to the group , and was looking for some help please. I have just purchased a couple of days ago my first Mercedes, it's a 2018 model A180d AMG.
The Audio system does have Navi button, but when I press it , it tells me no memory card containing navigation software inserted , I can also see there is a slot within the stereo system itself (see pic) which is just to the left if the volume control. I have been searching for a couple of days now in various forums, online sellers and on Ebay for the correct card and it is all a bit confusing , apologies this is definitely not my thing ;-) . I thought I had found one compatible with the 2018 model but then it said something about a not being compatible if it had a command system and I have no idea what that is ( I have also posted a pic of the steering wheel in case this is something to do with the command system) stereo pic.jpgwheel pic.jpg. I have also sent a couple of messages to sellers , not just ebay ones but online sellers and nobody is getting back to me.
Can anybody help me , point me in the right direction of a reasonably priced card. Thank you all so much in advance

Hi. Have you checked in the documents package that should have recieved from the dealer when you purchased your vehicle?

Dealers quite often remove the memory card so that they don't get stolen by different people viewing the vehicle when it's on sale. They should then include it within your handover pack on purchase.

If your car was advertised as including Sat nav, and you have not been given the SD card, you really need to be speaking with the dealer that sold you the car.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy your new car.

Hi. Have you checked in the documents package that should have recieved from the dealer when you purchased your vehicle?

Dealers quite often remove the memory card so that they don't get stolen by different people viewing the vehicle when it's on sale. They should then include it within your handover pack on purchase.

If your car was advertised as including Sat nav, and you have not been given the SD card, you really need to be speaking with the dealer that sold you the car.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy your new car.
Hi thanks for your reply, I did question this when I picked the car up last week , but was told because the car wasn't advertised with a Sat Nav (which it wasn't to be fair) it didn't come with one.
It does have Apple car play , but I'm not a fan if I'm honest . I figured if it had the functionality I could buy a card myself , I'm just so confused with which one to buy and don't want to pay hundreds directly through Mercedes if I can get away with it, Thanks again for the reply

Welcome to the Forum.

Have a look in your glove compartment to see if there is a little black module plugged in. Becker or Garmin. These are the sat-nav modules that are fitted (if spec’ed) if you have the Audio 20.

The slot in the radio panel is for an SD card, usually used for music etc.

The slot in the command unit is for updating units without the garmin box in the glove box and don't require a sd card to function.

Welcome to the Forum.

Have a look in your glove compartment to see if there is a little black module plugged in. Becker or Garmin. These are the sat-nav modules that are fitted (if spec’ed) if you have the Audio 20.

The slot in the radio panel is for an SD card, usually used for music etc.
HI ,thanks for the reply , there is nothing in the glove box , but somebody has just sent me a document based on my VIN number and it says 522 Audio 20 Radio Navigation capable NTG5 . This still means nothing to me lol spec.jpg

Your car has Audio20, which has an SD-Card slot for the optional Garmin Map Pilot navigation.

So you'll need to purchase an SD-Card containing the navigation software and the European maps, as per post #7 above.

Genuine MB SD-Card will also come with 3-year live traffic subscription. Cheap copies will (usually...) work fine, but won't have the live traffic subscription.

Your car has Audio20, which has an SD-Card slot for the optional Garmin Map Pilot navigation.

So you'll need to purchase an SD-Card containing the navigation software and the European maps, as per post #7 above.

Genuine MB SD-Card will also come with 3-year live traffic subscription. Cheap copies will (usually...) work fine, but won't have the live traffic subscription.
Thank you so much , all very much clearer now. Glad I took the time to join the forum Thanks everyone

Hi. Looks like the link for the SD card above is not suitable for your car - 10-inch panoramic touch screen only.

Think you require something more like this:

Thank you so much, so super helpful , think thats deffo the right one, and an amazing price too, going to order it now. will update you once its in. xx

Hi Nushie welcome, hope you enjoy your new M B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom