help needed please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gmanrangers

Car
c36 amg,2.3 16v 190e x2, 1968 280s, 312 sprinter
hi there just wondering if anyone can help me out. my car (c36) has snapped a spring in my garage at home. have been told by a fellow member that i need a special tool to remove the spring. i have not got this tool and unfortunately my car cant move now.
does anyone have this tool i can borrow? or does anyone fancy changing my spring for me? obviously i will pay you for your troubles.
any help will be appreciated

Any MB indie in your area? They should have the right tools IMO

there are indie,s around but cant put car down off jack to get there.
will do both off them but only need the snapped one done just now at home so it can go to garage.
what is the special tool needed?
can it be done without it?
thanks for info guys

It can be done but is very dangerous. I would only use the tool.

no problem. need to try get someone to come out and do it then

forgot to say, live in goole east yorkshire

If you have breakdown cover try asking if you can get it towed / trailered to a garage.

Why can you not lower the car gently and do it this way or have I missed something?:confused:

Is it a front or rear spring?

Rears are easy to do without the tool, fronts I would think would be more difficult/dangerous.

its front of the car.

cant put car down as spring is has completely come away at bottom and is V shaped. think if i dropped car down would spring out and cause damage to car

A snapped spring normally sits fine on the wishbone, where has it snapped, low down or the middle or has the upper perch come away?

the spring has snapped in the middle. top half looks straight but bottom half has worked its way to side off it. its barely touching top half of spring and still under pressure

What about jacking the car back up after removing the lower damper bolt, putting a strap around the lower broken bit and ripping it out.
The rest of the spring would then sit into the lower cup Ok.

What about removing the strut and taking it to an indie to changed the spring?

why dont you take the whole strut off the car, take it to a garage, get the new spring fitted and then take that back and fit to the car?

why dont you take the whole strut off the car, take it to a garage, get the new spring fitted and then take that back and fit to the car?

Uh...?? :confused: :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom