Help needed! Red or black?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Repo man

Car
Volvo XC90 Executive
I have to decide on the roof colour today as I believe my car spec cannot be changed as of tomorrow.

What do you think, red or black?

The car will be a E400, so has the black leather with red stitching. I've not gone for the red seat belts, and opted for black ones.

Attachments

• Black roof.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Red roof.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 82
I've not gone for the red seat belts, and opted for black ones.

Wise decision.

I think they both look good but black will age well should you decide to keep the car say over 5 years. If you were going for a 2 year lease, I'd say be daring and go red.

Both look good but black lasts better over the years IMO.

Id have black.

I thought for a second it was a gambling related question ;)

Both look good but black lasts better over the years IMO.

Id have black.

I thought the black would be easier to look after, but to be honest, I don't mind treating / caring for the hood. I'm hoping someone who has a red roof may be able to provide some feed back re how they fair in the fine Britich weather we have, and the filthy roads.

Looks wise, I like to black hood, but part of me things the red makes it look "special". I've had a mixed responce from friends / family as well.

I think the Red hood makes grey or white cabriolets.

Conservative people don't drive soft tops. ;)

My neighbour had a silver CLK and ordered it with blue hood. It always looked classy and a bit more individual.

Easy decision - Red.

I had a Saab with a black hood for 3 years and was constantly cleaning and treating to keep it looking nice. Not sure if a red one would've stayed looking that good...

Personally, prefer the hardtop roof now.

Put the house keys on red

It shouldn't matter in the slightest what everyone else thinks. Choose what YOU want.

I doubt that there'd be much difference in keeping either colour clean, especially in the first few years. But more importantly, if it's a lease car you don't have to worry about possible resale values (not that I've ever leased a car so I'm not certain that that's true).

Black.
You`ve already decided that the red seat belts are a bit garish, the same goes for the roof.
Red `highlights` are a trend, a fashion, and we all know what happens with fashion.....

Black imho.

Never like red roofs on cabs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom