Help needed to remove nasty chrome trim on the doors and rear on a w246 B class B180d amg line!

holmesesq

Car
B class B180d w246 AMG line (2016)
Hi all
I am new here so forgive my ignorance, but just bought a B class w246 B180d Amg line and really love the car it is great for my family and £20 tax!! So the wife loves it 2 ;) But wanted to do a few minor modifications to the look, what I wanted to ask is what can you recommend to de-chrome the beltline ie under windows etc? Am thinking I would like to just buy the trim pieces in black but can't find them anywhere online? Failing that I would try wrapping them if I knew how to pry them off without breaking them so I could wrap them in black vinyl or Spray them with plastidip even so I could rtn them back should I have to sell? The second mod was going to be the front grill, again its in chrome, I was thinking about a black pan americana style replacement? However I think the whole front bumper has to come off for that! Has anyone done any of these mods? Just wondered if you think a B class with a pan americana style grill would look silly? Thanks for any advice. Jay

Abb

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes
Welcome to the forum. De-chroming is pretty straight forward. A decent wrapping company will be able to wrap all your chrome bits whilst still on the car. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom