Help Needed Urgently

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kylem

Car
Mercedes CLK200 Kompressor
Hi, as a few of my recent frantic posts detailed, my eis is broken, desperately need a new one as my mercedes is my only car. I cannot find one to match my part number, (210 545 03 08) for anything under £300.

I can get a used (210 545 0008) for cheap, and in my desperation would be willing to throw it in and sacrifice something silly.

Does anyone know the difference, would the car run fine with all the saftey features, such as lights indicators...

I don't know the answer to your question, however I have seen identical electronic modules with different part numbers simply due to having a later (or earlier) firmware revision.

Thanks for the speedy reply, so all hope may not be lost yet

I think you need 210 545 03 08 or 210 545 01 08.

Call an MB dealer Parts Dept & ask what part numbers are suitable.

So i was just on the phone to someone from merecedes, and apparently I must order one specific to my chassis number and may even need a new ECU.

If this is the case why are people selling used ones on the Internet.

Because people on the internet can be naughty.

The amount of people selling keys that just need to be 'reprogrammed' is unreal.

Certain things are coded to the car from purchase , not sure if the EIS is one of them , but i'd have thought so.

So i was just on the phone to someone from merecedes, and apparently I must order one specific to my chassis number and may even need a new ECU.

If this is the case why are people selling used ones on the Internet.

You need all the parts that work together, are coded together & are compatible, like this lot - Mercedes w202 Auto Ignition Set & Keys 2105450108 0225459632 C250TD | eBay

If you have all the bits you need & install them correctly the car won't know the difference, will start & will work. It's no good just buying a coded ECU or a coded key or part of the EIS system on it's own. It's all or nothing.

P.S. Check the part number will in your car work before you buy either this stuff or another like it.

Thanks for the replays everyone, looks like I'm going to have to start saving the pennies

What symptoms did you get that makes you sure you need the Eis?

My car doesn't start either and alarm keeps going off which drains ths battery. Someone told me its your wiring under the passenger side footwell which gets wet and croded.

Please let me know how you got on and some advice please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom