Help needed with a few issues on a W219 320CDI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Filipov

SUPPORTER
Car
2017 BMW 535d Gran Turismo
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum.

A few months ago I purchased my first Mercedes. It is a 2007 CLS 320CDI with the 7G. As with any second hand car you only have so long to see if you can spot anything obvious and it seemed like a good car. It does however have a few issues. I would not say they are breaking issues just annoyances which I wish were not there.
I was wondering if someone might be able to shed some light if they have experienced similar problems or possibly know what may cause them.
The first problem which I have is when the car is cold and after the choke backs off, under light acceleration in 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd gear it seems like there is some surging going on. The best way I can describe it, it feels like I am constantly putting my foot on the accelerator, taking it off and so on and so forth. As with any car it could be a number of things. My guess would be it has something to do with either throttle position sensor, throttle body (fuel/air mixture) or possibly the gearbox/torque converter itself. This seems to go away once the gearbox and engine are up to temperature.
The second issue that I have involves the gearbox itself. I had it serviced as soon as I bought the car as it was due to be done. I am not sure if the oil put in it has something to do with the issue or not and good luck proving if it was done correct or not even though it was don by a Mercedes indie. On the odd occasion for about half a mile or so it decides that it will not upshift no matter what you do. It will downshift as requested by either applying the accelerator or using the tip tronic but it does not upshift until it wants to do so. I had it happen on few occasions when going to places I regularly go to and it got me thinking what is the common occurrence when this happens. What I did notice is seems to happen after going down a steep hill. It seems as if the oil is shifting to the front of the car and that it causing a starvation and reluctance to upshift until it has settled again. Is that a known issue of sorts or is it just a one off?
And the third issue that I have is when the car is stationery and is going to a full lock so I can park I started getting like a rubberised squeaking noise. It starts happening when the turning gets to the point where the wheels are starting to camber to help with the turning circle. I have had ball joints replaced not long ago and this only started happening since then. Could this be something to do with the steering arms or is it something I should not be too concerned about? It does not make the sound when car is in motion as there is not as much pressure on the steering rack due to stationery weight etc.

Sorry for the long thread and I hope someone can shed some light on my issues.

Kind regards
Ivaylo Filipov

Does anyone have any knowledge of the above issues?

Many thanks

It may pay you in the long run to connect it to STAR-Mercedes diagnostic system-rather than guessing and spending time and effort on the wrong items.

He probably has sorted it now as the thread is nearly two years old

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom