Help needed with abc problems please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattyp

Car
2005 Cls 320 cdi
I have just bought another w215 cl 500. Car has a few issues. When you drive off the car will lower on the n/s after a few minutes you get the abc message on the dash then it will level itself out. Does this every time you drive it. I have had a quick look and someone has fitted lowering links to it. I have these fault codes.

Attachments

• 98DF0D8B-A4CF-4616-8C77-F075DCD49455.jpeg
    98DF0D8B-A4CF-4616-8C77-F075DCD49455.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • 4479ABBA-91FC-46E8-AAF0-269A977DEB8D.jpeg
    4479ABBA-91FC-46E8-AAF0-269A977DEB8D.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
This can happen if the lowering links are set too low or uneven, look up the stock lengths and start with that, then a short drive should reset.
The original sensor arms are not expensive from the dealer to

Last edited:
This can happen if the lowering links are set too low or uneven, look up the stock lengths and start with that, then a short drive should reset.
The original sensor arms are not expensive from the dealer to
Thank you. Do you know what the stock lengths should be?

Sorry no but I think I'd start with that one showing the very odd figure and adjust it closer to the opposite side.
Measurements are quite critical as 5mm can give around 20+mm of difference in actual ride height.

Little update. The sensor plugs were not plugged in all the way. The sensor codes have gone. Car sits very low now. Still lower on the n.s. I am debating buying original links from the dealer and trying them.

Lowering links should easily be adjustable to stock if you can find the lengths, I am sure they are out there somewhere on the US forums

Lowering links should easily be adjustable to stock if you can find the lengths, I am sure they are out there somewhere on the US forums
Thank you. I will have a look for the lengths. I have these codes now.

Attachments

• 6B3DD962-E727-498F-8FF2-56F8EF6FF0C9.jpeg
    6B3DD962-E727-498F-8FF2-56F8EF6FF0C9.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
There is a peculiar way to save the calibration, somebody with star may chip in but its a known issue. If its sitting roughly level and links are set closely enough to each other try a short drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom