Help needed with Epson Stylus Photo 2100

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

artyman

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Kia E-Niro ex C 200 CDI Sport
Was printing of some docs tonight and then the printer just stopped and all the ink led indicators are flashing, it's not responding to any button presses apart from turning it off. Rebooted the PC and tried again but still nothing, lights are still flashing. Not found anything on the web that's helpful.

FWIW, a quick google for the phrase “epson stylus printer all ink lights flashing” reveals that its a “Fatal Error”, the primary cause of which is a paper jam. Lots of other info and YouTube clips returned from that search.

HTH?

Already done all that, spoke to Epson support this morning, as it is now an obsolete printer no spares or repair, can we sell you new one!

Well I do not do a lot of printing I have a old b/w laser,but there are new colour lasers on Ebay for £160,if I needed colour printing I would buy one of those.

I hardly use my Epson printer and when I do I have to do many many head cleaning to get it working right. I have loads of full cartridges and am loath to throw them out so just perceive with the cleaning.

My Epson Workforce kept throwing incorrect cartridge message and freezing up. I discovered by trial and error that disconnecting the power lead and leaving overnight, that it would run again. The permanent fix has been just leaving it on standby rather than turning it off, has been OK for six months now.

Having used compatible cartridges in my Workforce WF-3520 for quite a while, I made the mistake of allowing it to auto update the firmware/software, and immediately got the "cartridge unrecognised" message, only cure was to get genuine Epson cartridges. OK, I don't do much printing, so cost increase is OK especially as the Epson cartridges give better and longer lasting colours when I print photos on photo paper. It's annoying though, as genuine cartridges (large black, normal size 3 colour ones) cost about £40 whereas a set of compatibles is about £4!

Update, took the printer to a firm in Rake Hampshire, who fixed it and gave it a service, so hopefully another sixteen years service from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom