help, new mercedes owner,problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moviefreak

Car
merc c180 coupe
hello,i have just bought a c180 coupe kompressor on a 53 plate, i am getting a warning message on dashboard showing a temp gauge on 80 and it says visit workshop, is this a major fault or does it just need oil or water, checked water and ok,how do you check oil,cant find the dipstick,

Does it not say in the owner's manual where to find the dipstick?

did not have a manual,car is immaculate,1 owner 70,000 miles, full spec, only had it a week or so, hope its not a visit to mercedes for open wallet surgery

if it is similar to my 2003 C class saloon there is no dipstick.

The oil level is "measured" electronically, you can access this option from witihin the on board computer menu displays that you enter using the steering wheel buttons on the left side of the wheel. The engine must be off for you to be able to do this but the ignition must be on, check your handbook for the correct procedure If it needs oil it will tell you the amount, always add a little less than it asks for, i.e. if it says add 1litre try adding 800cc and re-check.
How long had you been driving for when the warning came on? 80 deg C is quite low, normal running temperature is about 90 deg C so possibly it is reporting an under temeperature value due?

thanks for all this help and advice,i will buy a handbook on e bay, it just says 80 degrees and visit a workshop,

thanks for all this help and advice,i will buy a handbook on e bay, it just says 80 degrees and visit a workshop,

i have a o3 c180 coupe that I've had for 2 months and my temperature gauge normally reads around 80 degrees once the car has warmed up , not sure why its telling you to visit workshop ?

i will get it checked out and report the findings on here for all to see,glad to know this place exists though to help thrash out problems, enjoying the car in the short time i have had it,hope it stays that way

If it helps I can get the handbook from my car later and detail on here how to go through the menu in case your car has the electronic oil level measuring system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom