Help no heat! W203

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C32Graham

Car
W126 300se E34 520
Not sure if this is engine or interior tbh but bit of an issue as its -5 this morning!

Car is a 2003 C32.

I have always thought that the heating has been poor on the car but never really worried. This cold snap has proved that its barely working at all. At best all I get is luke warm air after about 30mins.

I've done the reset and it just leaves the 2 lights flashing, I have no clicking noise to suggest a broken valve and I can hear all the air moving about during the test. I understand this means that its logged a fault. When looking through the history I found a receipt that notes post water pump change:
"unable to test heating due to heating system fault - customer aware"
so sounds like its not a new thing.

Any hints or tips? Bloody typical as Im trying to sell it!!!

On my 203 this was part of the effect of a faulty thermostat, the other effect being that the engine temperature never got above about 60 instead of getting to 80-90. Mine was a C270, wonder if you have the same (easily fixed) problem!

Sadly I think not. Engine comes up to temp fine and sits at 85-90 fine.

Good shout though!

For a bit of closure. Was at the garage yesterday. Diagnosed as either water pump or thermostat. Car had a water pump last year so booked in for a thermostat later today. Thank god, a nice cheap fix!

If it gets up to temp OK, then odd that the heating is only like warm.

Suggest you get them to check that problem with reseting the heater flaps while they're doing the stat.

For a bit of closure. Was at the garage yesterday. Diagnosed as either water pump or thermostat. Car had a water pump last year so booked in for a thermostat later today. Thank god, a nice cheap fix!

Did a new stat solve the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom