Help - Photos attached

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c43amg84

Car
C43 AMG Coupe
The Mrs crashed her car into the bin on the drive and cracked the plastic case on the passenger side front headlight. The actual light itself is fine, so I tried to find just the replacement plastic case to fit, went to Mercedes direct, ordered the part thinking it was correct and when I went to pick it up it wasn't instead they told me I need a whole new headlight costing over £650.

Can someone please advise if this would be the case, surely I thought you can just replace the casing?IMG_0118.jpg

Probably is, my sone has a BMW 3 series M and his headlights are the same, even over £200 second hand on the Bay :(

I bought a replacement headlight for my S204 on Ebay for about £125, fits perfectly, looks identical to the original on the other side of the car, works fine! Worth a search on eBay! Fitting it was a bumper off job that Alex Foti did for me.

The days where the lens just clipped on and off as a replacement part are long gone. It will now be bonded to the rear casing so the only option is a complete unit.

That is going to need the complete assembly..........:( £650.00 and then the bumper off to fit it ...............:doh: I would be giving the bin a good kicking...............:wallbash:

Yes complete unit, it comes without the control units so keep the light dry as the units are at the very bottom of light and water toasts them adding another £300 to your Bill. Will need recoding too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom