Help please: Air con will not switch on after regas.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ceticcross

Car
2003 E320 cdi elegance
Hi,

got my aircon regassed yesterday (03 e320cdi) and now the air con will not switch on. If I press the ac off button it flashes three times then stays lit (red light). This means air con off. Could this be caused by the recharge? Is there something that needs resetting? Any thought much appreciated.

take it back to the garage that messed it up?
... unless it was knackered already; and the gas had all escaped as well...

Thanks for the thought. I do not think the garage that did ithave enough knowledge. They are a tyre fitting place and I only got it recharged to use up some time while waiting for a new tyre to be delivered. I just thought that maybe the drain before refill logs an error code that needs resetting. Trying to avoid trip to the dealers.

i had my 210 charged and checked by olly at prestige car service in horndean; runs beautifully.
suppose; your best bet is finding a good local indy...

Hi,
You are correct, when the system was drained the cars computer saw this as a fault, and shut the system down, it will need to be plugged into STAR to be reset.

Thanks a lot for the replies. So it looks like a trip to the dealer required for a reset. What a rip off. I am just curious how everyone else that uses quickfit etc get round the requirement for a STAR reset.

star reset

Thanks a lot for the replies. So it looks like a trip to the dealer required for a reset. What a rip off. I am just curious how everyone else that uses quickfit etc get round the requirement for a STAR reset.
Find local independent with star system will be less money

thanks again everyone for the support. I think Somerset would be a bit far to travel for a regas.
I tried the only place I could find open today,Sunday, A Formula 1 auto centre. They tried to find a stored fault but none of their reader could even find the aircon. They did a full drain and recharge to no avail and thankfully no charge. So it looks like I have to find a garage with a STar computer as you advised.
Thanks
again

Hi all,

just a quick update. Had a visit to a local indie this morning and a quick reset of a low pressure fault via the star sorted things out. No charge for the star work. Can highly recommend Hertfordshire Merx and shall be putting some work their way next week to show my faith in them. Thanks everyone for the input.

Hi,
You are correct, when the system was drained the cars computer saw this as a fault, and shut the system down, it will need to be plugged into STAR to be reset.

That is really useful to know for the future! Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom