Help please how to free Child seat from rear seat belt?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ians12345

Car
E250 Convertible
Hi. We have a child seat in the back seat of our e-class (W212) cabriolet. We need to remove it but the seat belt is stuck in the retract position and won't let us extend it. We are stuck as we need to extend the belt to slide over an arm of the child seat to free it. Any help much appreciate on this my first post :thumb:

Can you lean on the child seat some more to push it into the car seat, so you can tease the seat belt to retract slightly? Should then release and extend.

Hi appreciate the quick reply. Unfortunately with the attempts to solve the problem the belt has retracted so far it has pulled the child seat off the rear seat and there is no slack left in the belt.

The only way is to squeeze the child seat in to the car seat as close to the seat belt shoulder point to gain some slack to push the belt back into the reel. Have you released the seat belt buckle?

Seat belt buckle has been released and seat is as close to the shoulder point with tiny amount of slack.

Get out a sharp knife, next saw through the belt, then unbolt damaged belt and replace with new one. Next refit child seat . Quick alternative is to sell car and buy another. Either plan should work. As you may surmise the youngest of my children is 45 years old

Had a similar problem on my Volvo...can you somehow get access to the lower seat belt mounting and unbolt it? May mean trying to squeeze hands between seat base and upright. Don't unplug any cables unless the battery is disconnected, it can cause an a srs light to come on. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom