Help please . Locked out of ml 2001 with key in ignition. Cant find spare

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang

Car
ml 270 brabus d4,
Hi all . What a plonker , i have just replaced the center switches part as the drivers window stayed open last week. So ordered one up and fitted it this morning nice and easy. Then lent on the switch to lock all the doors and closed the door to have a cuppa. Come back and looked in and realised what i had done.

One good thing is the bonnet is open. So without a spare how can i get in ????

If not i will cut out the rear quater glass. Need to do today

help please

i am covered with aa , so will call cheers

I've got one here, but the call out fee would be a little expensive :rolleyes:

all sorted . got the aa to add home start to my policy for £47 , he used a whoppy cushon type air bag , then used a 8mm threaded rod with a 2"bend at the end, he had it all covered in insulation tape , then he hooked it over the drivers internal handle

so if you have home start cover just call them out, but if not make a couple of wooden wedges , get the door 10mm open at the top . get someone to stand the opposite side and guide you to it.

doubt you can use wire or coat hanger , need a lot of strength in the wire to hold onto the inside of the handle and pull it open .

took 5 mins

all sorted . got the aa to add home start to my policy for £47 , he used a whoppy cushon type air bag , then used a 8mm threaded rod with a 2"bend at the end, he had it all covered in insulation tape , then he hooked it over the drivers internal handle

so if you have home start cover just call them out, but if not make a couple of wooden wedges , get the door 10mm open at the top . get someone to stand the opposite side and guide you to it.

doubt you can use wire or coat hanger , need a lot of strength in the wire to hold onto the inside of the handle and pull it open .

took 5 mins

I do this nearly every day- deadlocks make it a LOT more difficult! Maybe not such a good idea to let everyone know this is possible so easily and what you need on an open forum though!

Me too

I put, yes put my keys in the back of my C200 and closed the boot but did not lock it and lo and behold the bloody thing locked itself. The AA told me they could not get in, "That is why your car is still in the driveway" was his way of putting it!!
I went home by train and got the spare and was glad that it took six hours only!!!
David

:bannana:

I put, yes put my keys in the back of my C200 and closed the boot but did not lock it and lo and behold the bloody thing locked itself. The AA told me they could not get in, "That is why your car is still in the driveway" was his way of putting it!!
I went home by train and got the spare and was glad that it took six hours only!!!
David

:bannana:

C-classes are do-able, had the same with a 3 series last week. Long arms help... ;)

If I try this on mine it will not lock, get a message 'key in car' or something like that. Is this a feature of keyless go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom