Help please...mobile phone pre-wire or not

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldchurch

Car
C Class 200K
Help I am about to place order for C Class. Should I opt for the pre-wired handsfree phone kit and hope that I can find someone to enable the ability for it to use bluetooth? (MB wont enable it but I believe that it is possible??) Use Sony P900 phone..don't think cradle is available via MB. Or do I just forget about the pre-wire ? Thanks :confused:

Unless you know you can get a cradle for phones other than the discontinued Nokia 6310 I wouldn't order it. (or know you will be able to in the get updated cradles in the near future).

many thanks, ordered without pre-wire...
Sue

TBH I would order it with pre-wiring as if they ever do release a bluetooth kit for the phone you will most likely need the wiring to wire it up. So you would probably save in the long run as they would not need to also retrofit that, should it become available.

I've bought a C Class in September without prewiring. Now i know i did a big mistake. If it's possible, ask your dealer to add the prewiring option.

i ordered the pre-wiring as it is mucho exbenzive if you ever want the integrated option aftermarket!!

Really glad I did now

My 2p worth

I don't know if it will cost a lot of money if you opt for pre-wired instead of non pre-wired... but if you can change it and it won't cost too much extra, I think it could be worth it.

If you should decide - anytime in the 'near' future - to retrofit a phone kit in your car, then you won't need another rear view mirror with microphone and other additional wiring... which will make the phone retrofit more expensive.

As far as Bluetooth is concerned: I know there are UHI and MHI phone kits available right now. MBenzNL offers them as well: the kits themselves do not support Bluetooth, but some of the GSM phones which are compatible with these kits do have Bluetooth capability.

The kits are original MB.

greetingz,

BigSis

Many thanks to all, I've now changed the order to include pre-wire..if anyone knows of a secondhand Sony T630 cradle I'm interested. Regards
sue

Bluetooth

oldchurch said:
Many thanks to all, I've now changed the order to include pre-wire..if anyone knows of a secondhand Sony T630 cradle I'm interested. Regards
sue

I suppose if the dealership say Bluetooth won't work, but turns out that it does, you could claim money back for the pre-wiring kit.......just a thought.

Mike

Hi guys. can you clearly explain please - how to detect - does my car have prewiring ?

It is E240 2002 (W211).

Thank you.

oldchurch said:
sue

I have on cradle here and I dont know which phone it is for. either T630 or K700. If you could post the part number B6 ............ then I could look and offer it to you at a good price if it matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom