Help please... Parking brake warning constantly on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stu46

Car
2010 Mercedes-Benz C-Class (W204) 180K
Hi people. I own a 2010 C180K which I have been really happy with up until Thursday of last week when the parking brake warning decided it was going to stay on constantly even though I know it has disengaged. This is really annoying as the warning alarm sounds every 2 seconds when your driving. I pray for traffic so I get to stop for a bit. I took it to Mercedes and they wanted nearly £200 to plug it into their computer to try to find the problem. Has anyone had this happen to them or heard of this problem and could lend some advice that would be much appreciated.
Cheers

Hi,

I had the same problem with my car......try manually pulling the parking brake pedal up with your hand (It will be the return spring on your pedal).

Hope this helps you.

Cheers mate,

Just went out and gave it ago but no joy with that. It's probably only going to be something small like you say which is why I'm reluctant to pay nearly £200. Any more ideas? lol

Worth a try ;)

Did you pull the parking brake release at the same time as pulling the parking pedal up?

Earlier cars had the fluid warning level and parkbrake warning combined. Not sure about your model but just suggesting you check fluid.

Yea definitely worth a go, appreciate the advice you guys have given.
I've checked the brake fluid level and that's got plenty in it so don't think that's the cause.
Been out again and tried to pull pedal up while releasing the parking brake and still shows as parking brake on. So annoying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom