Help Please - someone reversed into my car!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sarah0690

Car
C350 AMG Sport
Hello,

someone has just reversed into my car and damaged the drivers door and the wing mirror. - its pretty bad looking I'm guessing its a new door and wing mirror job as my door isn't shutting properly and my wing mirror will only point up!!

Does anybody have any idea roughly how much it would cost to replace the door and wing mirror including paint work, labour etc?? The car is a 2013 C class saloon.

I am expecting it to be a hefty amount, the person that hit me is actually a colleague of mine and she has only just passed her test so I'm trying to give her a bit of a break by going private, i would assume i have to go through insurance anyway due to the costs but if anyone is able to quote me before i ring up the insurance company I would really appreciate it!

Sarah

Last edited:
Hello,

someone has just reversed into my car and damaged the drivers door and the wing mirror. - its pretty bad looking I'm guessing its a new door and wing mirror job as my door isn't shutting properly and my wing mirror will only point up!!

Does anybody have any idea roughly how much it would cost to replace the door and wing mirror including paint work, labour etc?? The car is a 2013 C class saloon.

I am expecting it to be a hefty amount, the person that hit me is actually a colleague of mine and she has only just passed her test so I'm trying to give her a bit of a break by going private, i would assume i have to go through insurance anyway due to the costs but if anyone is able to quote me before i ring up the insurance company I would really appreciate it!

Sarah

welcome to forum Sarah.

no direct answer for you, but isn't there a contradiction ?

(you want to go private, but think you need to go via insurance anyway) !!!

how will going private help her ? Is she going to pay you the £1,000 ?

Is she not insured ?

Surely the purpose of HER insurance is to pay any third party that she causes damage to, such as in this instance.

As you have a valuable modern car, surely you want the least hassle now and into the future when the car is sold and has been repaired well etc.

You friend will have learnt a lesson.

That sounds expensive! I would just go through insurance, that's what its there for. Unfortunate lesson in life for your colleague but that's really not you problem.

If your car wont shut/lock properly and is not usable get on the phone to insurance and they will just sort it out for you and you get a courtesy car.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Strange as I sounds, I think that in the long term, the best way to maintain good relations with your colleague is to let the insurers deal with everything.

Thanks for the replies guys I've contacted insurance and its going through them. I just felt a little bad because its not uncommon to make a stupid mistake when your young, guess your right in saying its a lesson learnt though!

Hopefully my car will be back and dent free soon!

I hope through her insurance and not yours :)

Privately to repair off the top of my head.

Door £300.00+
Paint £100.00+
Labour £450.00+

Not withstanding the cost of any body trims, door mirror and other sundry items @ £400.00+

Soon mounts up ..........

I hope through her insurance and not yours :)

Privately to repair off the top of my head.

Door £300.00+
Paint £100.00+
Labour £450.00+

Not withstanding the cost of any body trims, door mirror and other sundry items @ £400.00+

Soon mounts up ..........

yep through her insurance, I wasn't even near my car when she hit it, it was parked in a car park. Its so frustrating, I'm always so careful to always park away from other cars or at least in an end space so nobody can ding my doors, i guess end spaces aren't as safe as i thought!

Mercedes are quoting that the door and wing mirror unpainted and unfitted are about £800-£900, I refused to get it repaired anywhere other than Merc. Just hope they can get it sorted quick, for once I'm cursing the bank holiday...

yep through her insurance, I wasn't even near my car when she hit it, it was parked in a car park. Its so frustrating, I'm always so careful to always park away from other cars or at least in an end space so nobody can ding my doors, i guess end spaces aren't as safe as i thought!

Mercedes are quoting that the door and wing mirror unpainted and unfitted are about £800-£900, I refused to get it repaired anywhere other than Merc. Just hope they can get it sorted quick, for once I'm cursing the bank holiday...

I swear if i parked on the center line of an unused and deserted airfield landing strip. I would return to find a car parked each side with dings in both my doors. This is why huge fat folk should not be allowed out in cars.

Good luck with your repairs.

Thanks for the replies guys I've contacted insurance and its going through them. I just felt a little bad because its not uncommon to make a stupid mistake when your young, guess your right in saying its a lesson learnt though!

Hopefully my car will be back and dent free soon!

Very true about the young drivers...so 0690 isn't your date of birth then?:D

£300. was a s/h one :)

BTW the body shop near me do MB's body works. :)

A lot of dealers out source their body works.

Last edited:
£300. was a s/h one :)

BTW the body shop near me do MB's body works. :)

A lot of dealers out source their body works.

They're outsourcing to a company called Rainbow body shop which is partnered with merc from what i gather, they look alright. Still, I don't even like people going near my car let alone taking it away on the back of a truck so I'm going to be nervous until its back with me however good they claim to be!

Your colleague is young, chin up and learn from her mistakes.

Hope the repair job is good.

I swear if i parked on the center line of an unused and deserted airfield landing strip. I would return to find a car parked each side with dings in both my doors. This is why huge fat folk should not be allowed out in cars.

Hadn't you worked it out yet, we do it on purpose just to spite you.

Care to rethink your statement?

Last edited:
Hadn't you worked it out yet, we do it on purpose just to spite you.

Care to rethink your statement?

Which particular bit of my statement would you like me to rethink? It is a proven fact that modern car doors are longer than the previous generations. It is also a physical fact that huge fat folk require a greater opening of said doors to effect an exit. This can (and often does) lead to them dinging the cars parked adjacent to them.

My personal choice would be that in car parks you have bays clearly marked and sized - No different to clothing.

You could have Mother & Toddler. Disabled. Small - Medium, Large and XXL. Or maybe you just go for Comfort Parking. This way more caring drivers could asses the potential risk posed to their vehicle left correctly parked in a parking bay. You could widen (excuse the pun) this scheme out to.

Rusty Transit Van = I don't give a hoot.
Jealous of your car = I don't give a hoot.

I speak facts, nothing more or less. Care to rethink your response?

Last edited:
Mr Millar appears to have edited his "facts" They were:

"It is a proven fact that modern car doors are longer than the previous generations. It is also a physical fact that huge fat folk require a greater opening of said doors to effect an exit. This can (and often does) lead to then dining the cars parked adjacent to them."

But now seem to be:

"My personal choice would be that in car parks you have bays clearly marked and sized - No different to clothing.

You could have Mother & Toddler. Disabled. Small - Medium, Large and XXL. Or maybe you just go for Comfort Parking. This way more caring drivers could asses the potential risk posed to their vehicle left correctly parked in a parking bay. You could widen (excuse the pun) this scheme out to.

Rusty Transit Van = I don't give a hoot.
Jealous of your car = I don't give a hoot.

I speak facts, nothing more or less. Care to rethink your response?"

Anyone care to spot the difference? Ho hum....

Not really. Size, having offspring, money, value of vehicle and so on have little bearing on whether you are the sort of person who takes care of your and vehicles around you when opening your door. The primary factor is not giving a hoot about other people.

Something you seem very familiar with, Mr Millar. Perhaps we can have a special section of the car park just for bigots like you.

IanA2 said:
Mr Millar appears to have edited his "facts" They were: "It is a proven fact that modern car doors are longer than the previous generations. It is also a physical fact that huge fat folk require a greater opening of said doors to effect an exit. This can (and often does) lead to then dining the cars parked adjacent to them." But now seem to be: "My personal choice would be that in car parks you have bays clearly marked and sized - No different to clothing. You could have Mother & Toddler. Disabled. Small - Medium, Large and XXL. Or maybe you just go for Comfort Parking. This way more caring drivers could asses the potential risk posed to their vehicle left correctly parked in a parking bay. You could widen (excuse the pun) this scheme out to. Rusty Transit Van = I don't give a hoot. Jealous of your car = I don't give a hoot. I speak facts, nothing more or less. Care to rethink your response?" Anyone care to spot the difference? Ho hum....

Ian. I edited. The facts. Not my facts.

Not sure what your point is in posting here apart from your usual trolling. I know it's a bank holiday and you get easily bored. But please try to stick to facts rather than simply copying what everybody else can read. That is the forum edit notation that shows I edited my post to correct spelling ( you should try that) and to add additional information.

Did you fix your flat battery? I hope my post may have helped.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Doodle said:
Not really. Size, having offspring, money, value of vehicle and so on have little bearing on whether you are the sort of person who takes care of your and vehicles around you when opening your door. The primary factor is not giving a hoot about other people. Something you seem very familiar with, Mr Millar. Perhaps we can have a special section of the car park just for bigots like you.
I bow to your superior knowledge of physics and how money alters that. Keep chomping the hob nobs. I see why you would disagree with physics. Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom