help please, the missus is going to kill me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

plumber dan

Car
ml320
3 weeks back we part exchanged our vauxhall meriva for a ml320 2007, now our meriva never once let us down, the ml has now let us down for the second time, after week one a module thing to do with the turbo was changed by my local main dealer , now the same symptoms have returned,
loss of power
black smoke
whirling/whistling of the turbo sound extremely loud within the car
car in limp mode
and wife moaning like a pig

i would assume the module thing has gone again , any thoughts on what may be causing this , thanks in advance, Dan:thumb:

hi dan sorry to hear of your woes and imminent divorce.I cant shed any light on your problems but dont forget ollie at pcs in horndean is only round the corner from you and he is highly recommended by myself and many others on here:thumb:

cheer fellas, i have briefly spoken to Olly when the fault first occurred:), the dealer i bought the car from has honored the warranty on the first occasion and they asked me to take the car to the main dealer, obviously I'm keen to get to the root of the problem before the warranty runs out, now my fears are of a patch up job being carried out leaving me up the creek when the warranty expires :dk:

didn't know 320's were turbo charged?? Sure my 430 doesn't....?

All MB Diesel engines in recent years are Turbo-charged... I am guessing it is an ML320 CDI?

sorry guys, forgot about the 320CDI. Plus the fact ive had far to much drink hasn't helped

well it turned out to be a v belt and sensor issue ??? the fella who came out was sure it was the turbo that had failed and when told the mileage he nodded assuringly as though it maybe a common fault at 70 odd thousand miles, cant fault the merc service though nice e class as a hire car and the fella who came out to look at the car was extremely helpful and even dropped me home after following me to the dealer

now I'm fearful of the turbo packing up at this sort of mileage, any thoughts or experience from anyone, thanks in advance, dan

Hello Dan

I am not sure if there is a mileage relation to the turbo, but I am sure the life of
the turbo depends on how you treat it, i.e. regular oil changes, even sooner then
the specs.recommand, the right type of oil and very important to leave the engine
idling for a couple of minutes before switching off, after a fast run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom