Help please with Forums

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonyc280

Car
1997 C280 V6 Elegance Auto Facelift. 1992 Kawasaki ZZR1100 C3
Not sure why but suddenly in peoples posts certain random words are under scored and when you put your mouse over them an advert comes up for Tesco's or Asda etc. Anyone else had this problem and how does one cure it please. Cheers, Tony. Ps. Not getting the problem on any other sites.

Sorted

:bannana: Was something to do with my desk top link. Deleted it and created a new one and problem has now gone. Thanks for looking.

I had similar problems a few weeks ago see here
Can't remember how is was resolved as other issues at the time involved changes to spyware & anti-virus programs.
Hasn't come back since.
Your solution is obviously different to mine as I didn't have a desktop link to the forum

Damn the problem has come back, grrrrrrrrr

I think it's virus infection. Run Malwarebytes to check and remove anything found.

I think it's virus infection. Run Malwarebytes to check and remove anything found.

At the time of my issues, I installed Microsoft Security Essentials & Malwarebytes.
Got rid of AVG, Spybot & Adaware. Got rid of Raport.
Obviously ran Malwarebytes which could have cured the problem with the pop up adverts.
I was trying to resolve other problems at that time. My system is running like new now, mainly due to getting rid of Raport.

Well it's definitely sorted now. It was something to do with a Google chrome extension which i have now disabled. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

If you are running Chrome just use the adblock extension, problem solved :thumb:

Flanaia1 you just took the words out of my mouth (well post) cheers, Tony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom