Help! Problem after fitting Bi-Xenon on W203

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulsML500

I have just installed bi-xenon headlights on my 2001 W203. The connections were the same and now the low/high beam and indicators work with no problem, also the self levelling works as well.
But the side lights are not workihg.
Has any one else had this or know why this might happen?
Any info greatly appreciated.

PaulsML500 said:
I have just installed bi-xenon headlights on my 2001 W203. The connections were the same and now the low/high beam and indicators work with no problem, also the self levelling works as well.
But the side lights are not workihg.
Has any one else had this or know why this might happen?
Any info greatly appreciated.

it can only be a difference in the wiring on the connectors, check to see what pin the sidelamps go to on the old units, then compare with the new one. I suspect that just one wire is different.

malcolm

Prior to installing the “bi xenons” did you have the old frosted xenon lenses…? I am assuming that you did have xenons before as you have mentioned that the self levelling is working fine. However, IF you did not have xenons prior to the install then you will need to have your car programmed via STAR to XENON = Present which may possibly be related to your problem but normally the symptoms of installing bi xenons without programming the car VIA STAR is them just flickering. I really am puzzled why the side lamps are not working.

May sound silly but have you checked all the connections etc.?

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks for the replies, the response is great.
Yes I did have the frosted single xenons before, I thought if it was a wiring difference that others would have had the same problem.
I will need to check each wire in all the plugs to see if I need to swap any.
Anybody have a wiring diagram?

I done exactly the same mod but all fine in my side though, everything worked self levelling/indicators the lot.Im puzzled about your indicators too.:confused:

Good to see you got the bi-xenons.

Side-lights are a strange one, connection wise they are exactly the same and as far as i'm aware there was no change in wiring through the face lift stage.

One thing i would check is the lamp holders but if both are out it would be strange for both of them to be out. I know this sounds stupid but have you checked fuses?

Could be bumper off time again!

Am i correct in saying that you had three connectors on one side and two on the other?

Where did you finally get the xenons?

Thanks guys
Problem solved, I had LED sightlight bulbs and this confused the system and stoped them working, put normal bulbl in and okay now.
The led bulbs work fin in my ML500.

Wully, I bought the lamps from a main dealer who gave 10% discount.

EXCELLENT - Last night I was thinking to myself afterwards if the bulbs for the side lights may possibly be the culprit.

Glad to hear all is fine. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom