Help, Radio CD Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mymelody88

Really appreciate if somone can help me.

Got a C220 coupe not long ago, all working fine. ~However... few days ago, weird things going on with my radio/CD (CD changer in glove compartment).

What it is, is that i was listening to radio, and suddently just switch itself off (but the screen still on, but no sound), when i press the 'CD' button (to change to listen to cd) it says No CD (but clearly got CD in it). I can still change radio channel from one to another (ie, the button still responding and the screen still on), but, no sound.

The only way i can get the sound back, is to switch the main off and then on again, but sometimes after 15mins or so, the same thing happen.

It happens radomly (motorway, townroad etc etc). In the beginning, i throught it could be overheat, but last night, after i turn the engine on, after 1 mins, it happens again. And happens continuously last night. But today, on the way to work, work absolutely fine....

Can someone help. is it some button that i accidently pressed before? or can someone advice me what fault could of cause this?

many thanks!!!!

Hi I had a similar problem but more off station than off alltogether and no cd CDC that is single still worked mine turned out to be the head unit.

Rob

Has it had any work done on the doors recently? If a speaker wire shorts together or to earth the amp in the radio will switch off to save itself . The tweeter in the door is usually the usual as if they are incorrecly fitted could short on the door frame. Its a long shot but worth a try..

Hi Mate,
Not sure if you made any progress on this or not but the problem does sound an amp wiring to me, it could simply be the connector in th eback as the power remains etc. but the sounds stops. It is relatively easy to take the front dash off and just unplug and plug them back in and check the wiring behind the stereo. Earthing of cables can be a cause as suggested but unless you have taken stuff off and on from the doors that is unlikely. Let me know how you get on to see if I can help any further.

Cheers

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom