help required 1992 300SL R129

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Indigo

Car
129 Sl, 209 Clk, B180 and an old Sprinter van
Hi, I've two problems with my 92 SL and would really appreciate your advice.

1 . Wipers only work on fastest speed, my guess needs wiper relay. Any ideas best source on sensibly priced unit as I'm on a budget - part number 001 542 79 19
As some quotes I've had for a 20 year old used item are three figures !

2. Head lamp flash does not work. High and low beam work fine, just not quick flash function

Thanks in advance

Jon

plenty on ebay but most are currently from USA, but also look for people breaking w129 or if the same part on w140 (check with mercedes)

001 542 79 19 | eBay

Are you sure the wiper stalk isnt faulty? The headlamp flash is on the same unit.

had same problem on w124 but it turned up the circuit rather than storke, best to test before buying if u know an indy who has a spare one!!

The slow wiper speed is not dependant on a relay so it sounds like the wiper stalk is at fault, you can test it in the links below, the car is a 1994 w202, I think your wiper stalk will be similar.
The reference to the N10 relay in the below post refers to the wiper relay foe a W202.

See post #16 here… Wiper issue - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums

How to open the stalk… Wiper has started working on it's own - Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums

Dec

Dec said:
The slow wiper speed is not dependant on a relay so it sounds like the wiper stalk is at fault, you can test it in the links below, the car is a 1994 w202, I think your wiper stalk will be similar. The reference to the N10 relay in the below post refers to the wiper relay foe a W202. See post #16 here… Wiper issue - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums How to open the stalk… Wiper has started working on it's own - Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums Dec
Thanks Dec, you were spot on, indicator stalk, picked a new OEM unused one off fleabay for £100 - job done !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom