Help Required -having a wobble!

A Simple Question!

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
I've spent too much time in new cars this week and it's made me have 100,000 mile jitters. My car is coming up to 97,500 miles and is in excellent shape. All services and mechanial work are uptodate and it drives beautifully. Having sorted the split hose issue it has no issues at all and last November if had a very major service which included AFT, fuel filter etc.

I always said this car was a keeper and have treated it accordingly but 100k?Time for a change? Too familiar with it? Help required:)

PS. There isn't much budget for a change, I could only get something similiar with less miles.

Last edited:
Better the devil you know.... lower miles doesn't mean better car, not even on the same model. I've driven 20k cars that feel poor compared to some of the same model at 100k. If you've cared for it and know it's history why lose it? I always know when it's time to swap, you just feel it.

Agreed, keep it as long as you can IMO.

You know the car. You've dealt with the issues and it's right. Do you want the heartache of doing it again on another ?

Here's to seeing it rack up 150k

Better the devil you know. Unless buying new or nearly new.

Fair point Crockers. thankyou.

Better the devil you know.... lower miles doesn't mean better car, not even on the same model. I've driven 20k cars that feel poor compared to some of the same model at 100k. If you've cared for it and know it's history why lose it? I always know when it's time to swap, you just feel it.

It is going well and you know how it looks. Thank you.

Agreed, keep it as long as you can IMO.

You know the car. You've dealt with the issues and it's right. Do you want the heartache of doing it again on another ?

Here's to seeing it rack up 150k

No you are right, heartache I can do without! 150k-Really? What mileages have other M271 engined cars done on here? Thanks guys.

Keep it. Keep it. Keep it.

Look at all the threads with grief from owners who have traded in and up in some cases.

Oh, and by the way. Keep it:D

270K on my Estate, sweet as a nut.

In my opinion an easy decision. Keep it. You know its been properly looked after. Any replacement even with low miles could be much more trouble. I used to get concerned re high mileage cars but these days it really is not a problem.

Keep it. Keep it. Keep it.

Look at all the threads with grief from owners who have traded in and up in some cases.

Oh, and by the way. Keep it:D

270K on my Estate, sweet as a nut.
Thankyou Trapper. I guess on balance then you'd suggest I keep it!

In my opinion an easy decision. Keep it. You know its been properly looked after. Any replacement even with low miles could be much more trouble. I used to get concerned re high mileage cars but these days it really is not a problem.
I get distinct impression that you all think I should keep it!

Just bought an S500 with 168k on the clock and very happy....

Here's to seeing it through to 250k...

Can you just imagine what it would look like with 200K on it and what pleasure you would get from knowing it is still in the fantastic condition, or better, than it is now.

Nothing like a long legged one to get the heart racing.

All my cars are ''keepers''. The SL has only done 65k miles but drives better every day, the Volvo is my work trailer towing, do it all abused vehicle with 195k on the clock and the BMW is now well in excess of 260k miles and still drive beautifully.

At 100k your car is just set up nicely and you presumably have full ''honest'' knowledge of its provenance......why buy someone else's cast off problems?

Your car is a keeper assuming that you have the right car for your purposes.

Mic

I would sell it, but then again I don't have cars for long....

But, if you have little or no budget, what are you seriously thinking you can buy in it's place?

I voted keep it too.

Unless your going to change to something different then as others have said it's worth sticking with what you have.

Mileage means nothing, what counts is how it's looked after.

A couple of mods using MB parts might be an idea.

What do you want in a new vehicle that your does not have?
Can you retro-fit this to yours?

Is it a deisel?
Remap?

MB chrome mirrors are a nice touch on a silver model.

Good luck, Colin.

I've spent too much time in new cars this week and it's made me have 100,000 mile jitters. My car is coming up to 97,500 miles and is in excellent shape. All services and mechanial work are uptodate and it drives beautifully. Having sorted the split hose issue it has no issues at all and last November if had a very major service which included AFT, fuel filter etc.

I always said this car was a keeper and have treated it accordingly but 100k?Time for a change? Too familiar with it? Help required:)

PS. There isn't much budget for a change, I could only get something similiar with less miles.

In that case, as most have said, stick with what you have. On an example you have maintained so well, less miles means nothing (and that comes from a low miles lover).

I get the newer car feeling too, but newer means a budget to go with it. Replacing a good car with a modern equivalanet is not always easy. When the time is really right, you won't be in two minds. The day you drive a car that is affordable and really betters yours, you'll be posting about your new purchase.

In that case, as most have said, stick with what you have. On an example you have maintained so well, less miles means nothing (and that comes from a low miles lover).

I get the newer car feeling too, but newer means a budget to go with it. Replacing a good car with a modern equivalanet is not always easy. When the time is really right, you won't be in two minds. The day you drive a car that is affordable and really betters yours, you'll be posting about your new purchase.

Thanks Graham. The only car I actually want is a C55AMG but given that I drive 12-15k miles a year and given ever rising fuel costs, unfortunately it would bankrupt me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom