Help required to source a car for a friend in need

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
As some of you probably know I'm on the search for a car.

A good friend of mine is battling a very aggressive cancer and unfortunately its not going well so he is trying to get things sorted and his affairs in order

He asked asked me to help and find his wife a car as they had two cars on lease which have now been returned.

So ideally I'm looking for a Toyota Prius, Auris or Yaris max budget £4000.

But will consider any small hatch as long as it meets the criteria which is

Hatchback
Petrol
Max 1.6 engine
Auto

I've spent all day looking at sheds so if anyone knows of anything or if any traders on the forum have something that fits the bill please let me know.

I've already trawled Autotrader and ebay and have a hit list so this is more of an appeal for anyone that knows anything for sale locally or at a traders they may pass on their commute

All help and leads welcome

TIA

Ian

A word of warning - on MBOA Littlebrooklyn bought a Fiat 500 auto as her requirements were similar (although thankfully her husband is OK). She's not a happy bunny and is contemplating getting rid of it after not very long.

A word of warning - on MBOA Littlebrooklyn bought a Fiat 500 auto as her requirements were similar (although thankfully her husband is OK). She's not a happy bunny and is contemplating getting rid of it after not very long.

Thanks

The car that went back on lease was a Prius hence the Toyota slant.

Not surprised about the 500 the auto really struggles with elevation a pal of mine got shut of his daughter's for the same reason it really struggled to get over the woodhead pass foot flat to the floor and it just scraped 20mph at the top of the peak.

Not surprised about the 500 the auto really struggles with elevation a pal of mine got shut of his daughter's for the same reason it really struggled to get over the woodhead pass foot flat to the floor and it just scraped 20mph at the top of the peak.

Can't agree.

Both mine are "auto" (actually mechanised manuals) and are fine - in fact more than fine.

Need the Twinair not the 1.2 if you go 500

I have nothing here at the moment as have pretty much stopped any dealings but will put the word out.
Bought a car trade a few years ago from Parkside for my old man. They weren't too bad to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom