Help required, u0155 / u0101 w211 2004 cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
Hi Hope someone can help, a good friend of mine has a w211 e320 cdi, 104k I6 and when he turns the car off the engines continues to run for aprox 30 seconds before cutting out.

Trouble codes U (electrical network)

u0155 and u0101

Any help much apreciated:thumb:

U0101 Lost Comm with TCM

U0155 Lost Comm with Instrument Panel Cluster Control Mod

Any ideas on the above codes?? Have checked for damp in nsf foot well eg Frt sam now checking rear Sam

Last edited:
Problem

Hi, have you managed to find the problem as im having exactly the same thing happen after i wash my 2004 E270, causing no end of electrical problems, but im not sure where to start looking at the wiring.

Hi Jay, The problem sorted itself out but then the car wen though a car was, and now the car will not start or select any gears.

The Key can be removed from the igntion, and gear lever can also be moved but the car will not turn over.

Have you checked the front and rear sams for any moisture damage on the soldering plates,ecu plug connection?These are not that bad to find issues.Was the terminals crossed by any chance or jump started?I can pop round sunday with an ecu kit to rule out the problem if u want as I have 3 w211 I6 lol

sounds like a problem with the canbus as you seem to have gathered already.
generally
Open in the CAN bus + circuit
Open in the CAN bus - circuit
Short to power in either CAN bus circuit
Short to ground in either CAN bus circuit
Rarely - faulty control module

Start with checking any fuses? Remeber also there may several pre- fusable links in the main power distribution circuits
FUSES & RELAYS E-Class 2003-2008 W211

sounds like some sort of water leak may have shorted something out?

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/u0155
Copyright OBD-Codes.com

Have you checked the front and rear sams for any moisture damage on the soldering plates,ecu plug connection?These are not that bad to find issues.Was the terminals crossed by any chance or jump started?I can pop round sunday with an ecu kit to rule out the problem if u want as I have 3 w211 I6 lol

It's Karls car buddy, And his in colchester but the car has been recovered to a local garage for now.

Thankyou for your offer bud its apreciated:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom