HELP REQUIRED! W639 Viano Facelift Upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rls

Car
ML63, Viano
I have just had the front end fitted from a 2010 VITO Sport, this came with Xenon Headlights!
I cannot get the lights to work, I have purchased a set of cables frpm a guy in germany that go from non-xenon pre-facelift to facelift xenon, but can't get dipped/main beam to work from the switch, Dipped works when unlocking the car - then go off.
Do I need the fit the later front SAM (Which I have purchased and not fitted yet), or is it a programming issue (Also have STAR)

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks..............

I am guessing some.
The lower power of the new headlights may be causing your SAM to see faults and extinguish them. This should fire up your fog lights though and cause a dash alarm, or few.
There are CANBUS resistors that can cheat the system, that is by creating more load. It might be a trial and error thing to find the right loading.

I'm pretty sure you can't reprogramme the SAM to be happy with a lower load.
I would imagine there would be many compatability issues with a newer type of SAM. Certainly on older SAM's they are plug and play so no eed to be worried about any coding, but newer one's I couldn't comment.

There is a company that has been doing these upgrades for some years, maybe they will have the answer.

Do you have contact details ?, are they in Nottingham?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I believe they were Midlands(ish) but it was a while back now.
I seem to rmeber they charge £1,600 for 447 style wings, headlight, and grill. But it was only a fleeting interest for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom