HELP s124 Panoramic Wiper Part Nos?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DITTRICH

MB Enthusiast
Car
S205 C200SE & W202 C230K
I am researching the replacement of my 16 year old mechanism and have discovered that there are up to 3 expensive bits involved:-

1 Linkage £76.20 A1248200341/241
2 Gearing £645.60 A1248202307/507/607
3 Motor £174.00 A1248200708/808

My question is whether there are any differences between parts ending 708/808 for example or if these parts are just the same but different revisions (as I imagine improvements might be made ever so often but the functionality of the part and how it attaches to the rest of the car remain unchanged.

If I can be confident about this then I could mail order a spare "gearing" from germany for EUR150 or get one in the UK for up to GBP250.

I am going to try to remove the cover this weekend using the parrot-of-doom thread to look inside.

Les

Before replacing any parts,

try and take the whole lot out and lubricate everything.

IF your wiper is sticking, or slowing in certain positions, i would have a guess that the linkage is very dry, as mine was when i had problems with my wiper.

I have done it on a 202, with help from a guide i found online, and touch wood since then it has been fine.

I dont think it is much different on a 124, because i looked at my dads, hes problem is the actual motor though.

Its basically the same procedure with less covers i think!

Use proper grease, not spray on stuff, and get it right in the linkage, in the ball and socket parts. pop them apart and fill the socket with grease and press the ball back in, you will probably need a clamp to press them back in, unless the bushes are very worn!

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/bodywork/9395-w202-wiper-problem-fix-didnt-work.html

see that page and the post by newey, this was what i used and found it very helpful.

Hope this helps you, i didnt fancy paying the ridiculous premium for the parts either! So far, i'm glad i didnt!

Last edited:
Just throw the whole thing away and fit a new secondhand one. It's not like they're rare

Nick Froome

A bit of grease applied at the pin where the arm telescopes up and down usually does the trick .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom