Help! SAM unit or Battery's Drain ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sumac09

Car
Mercedes ML320 CDI Sport
Hi, I hoping somebody can give me some idea why my '07 ML is having some kind of electronic breakdown !

Drove 2 min up the road warning light comes on to say the bonnet is open, then the third brake light had failed, then the red car outline, then it came up left side SRS failure. Parked up double checked the bonnet, it was not open, then the alarm started going of intermittently, I thought possible battery drain as she had been stood over the weekend and I had left my dash cam plugged in. alarm stopped going off so I turned of the ignition, got out but she wouldn't lock, passenger door and 2 rear doors locked but not the drivers, after much pushing of buttons finally locked and I went away for 10 minutes came back and it wouldn't open, not even with the key. After a frustrating 5 min she finally let me in not sure if it was via key or fob as I was fiddling with both. Started fine but still have SRS warning, no indicators, no washers (jets work), no electric seats, fuel cap won't open and problems with locking although will automatically lock if left, also the anti tow sensor thingy isn't enabled, but stereo and heater work!
Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:
Sounds like low voltage.

I'd get the battery on charge to start with, then see what transpires when fully charged.

Thank you, I will try that, fingers crossed

Just an update, I couldn't get the battery out to put on charge as I hadn't got any power to the seats to move them, So invested in a CTEK Max's 5.0, it came today hooked it up and just been out and started her up and everything is now back to normal

So a big thank you to AMgeed for your reply and advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom